Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
    Cotto expecting $30 million purse

By Rey Colón -The Sport Press

Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29 KOs), who will defend his WBA 154-pound belt on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas against unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0, 25 KOs), will receive the best purse of his life with a 65/35 split of the pay-per-view. Cotto, who until December 31 was tied to Top Rank, traveled to Las Vegas a few weeks ago to hear the offer of Bob Arum before making a decision that was revealed on Wednesday by Mayweather Jr. to NSAC commissioners when he was approved for a 2012 boxing license.

The Sport Press revealed on December 13 that negotiations for the fight were moving forward during the WBC Convention in Las Vegas. The contract itself has not been signed but details are expected to be finalized in about two weeks. Golden Boy Promotions will be the lead promoter along with Mayweather Jr. and Cotto.

from fight news
    Pac wanted 50% of everything not only PPV. PS I agreed with at least Pac getting 45% of everything

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      from what i hear Floyd pays Goldenboy a flat fee
      I've often wondered about that "flat fee" story. It would mean that the better Golden Balls does it's work, the less they'd get percentage-wise. Although they might have an income minimum clause. Since Mayweather-Oscar fight they've been doing well in PPV, so it doesn't seem a proper return for the promoter whoever he might be. If it really is a "flat fee" then it has to be a big, well balanced one, fairly close to what a percentage might bring in. It's not good business otherwise, even to spite Arum.
      Last edited by edgarg; 04-22-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Floyd demonstrated great constant lateral movement in that fight. Constantly pivoting to different angles after he landed his shots, ect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
          Cotto probably took a $15 milliion flate rate deal similiar to the $40 million Pac got offered.
          I don't see how it could come to that amount unless the PPV cost about $100.

Comment

• Lol that's great that Cotto left Bob Arum's old senile ass in the dust. Now look at him, biggest payday yet. Bigger than anything Pacquiao has received, that's just crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              You are correct. However, after one of the clowns who make up the boxing media figure this out and actually write an article about it between the free buffets provided to them for writing the glowing articles about Pacquaio and Top Rank fighters, Arum will claim that Paquiao is being guaranteed $40 million for the Bradley fight, even thought the official contract will state that Pac's guarantee is only $6 million.
              You don't listern do you. The guarantee means nothing, it's the total amount which counts.

Comment

• 30 mil... wow

Once you leave the senile devil Bob Arum, things start to go great!

Comment

• Build up for Mayweather-Cotto? How many PPV Buys?

Mayweather-Cotto does over or under 1.4 million buys?

I think it does over I see it doing a little above 1.5 million.

Comment

• 1.45 mil

Comment

• Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                      Mayweather-Cotto does over or under 1.4 million buys?

I think it does over I see it doing a little above 1.5 million.
                      Floyd's 2nd best ppv numbers

Comment

Working...
                      X