Collapse
No announcement yet.

universe infinity = god infinity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont want to talk about the bible. In my eyes it has nothing to do with the opening analogy. You are still projecting your matter ripping theory as fact. Stop doing this. It makes you sound stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by GREEN GIANT View Post
      Thought i had got through to you. never mind.

No, only if you believe you believe that the universe will disappear. Your still only seeing it in terms of matter.

But it wont disappear even in this theory. Perhaps it will be ripped into an infinite amount of pieces. But infinite is definitely not nothing.

You must understand that what you are saying is not fact. Many Physicists will disagree. some will agree. But all will agree that its is not a fact.
      Yes it is not totally nothing much analogous to like the vaccum debate i got with some idiot on the other thread but it is virtually nothing compared to the universe we have today it will dark and cold absolute zero that the eternal lakes of fire and floating heavnly cities and paradise being prophesized is contradictory.

Comment

I dont want to talk about the bible. In my eyes it has nothing to do with the opening analogy. You are still projecting your matter ripping theory as fact. Stop doing this. It makes you sound stupid.
        no u are the stupid one, it is based on observation and it is a fact that the universe is indeed expanding and soon after it expands very much further the consequence of this expansion is that it will rip everything apart.

Comment

I dont want to talk about the bible.
          so after all this talk u finally realized that it is a fairytale?

Comment

Originally posted by Witch_King View Post
            no u are the stupid one, it is based on observation and it is a fact that the universe is indeed expanding and soon after it expands very much further the consequence of this expansion is that it will rip everything apart.
            You cannot possibly know this. No one can. You seem to think that all physicists believe in the same thing. There is a reason why they call it a theory and not a theorem.

You are making yourself seem very limited. New evidence emerges all the time and not all the evidence we have now points to your theory.
            It was not long ago that everyone was so convinced of religion as you are of this theory.

Comment

What you claim is that it is finite in terms of mass. However this is not true for time.
              Actually it is true for time, time is just another spatial dimension that began at the universal expansion, at least as we know it. The tricky part about this is when you consider that our universe may not be the sum of existence and there is no evidence on which to base an assumption that it is.

But even though the infinite does exist this bit of cunning word trickery is still a very poor argument because it essentially means redefining the word "god" which is generally accepted and believed in as a coherent entity with curiously human traits into something which is not actuaqlly recognisable as a god in the first place. It's a "gotcha" analogy as I already laid out:

Do you believe in god?

No.

Do you believe there is such thing as infinity?

Yes.

Well then god is just the same as infinity, therefore you believe in god AHAAAA! YOU JUST WANT TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR IMMORAL WAYS!

To illustrate the absurdity of this I redefined god as a slice of cheesecake. My redefinition is every bit as valid as the other poster's redefinition, perhaps more so because it is made in the spirit of humour, not in the spirit of subterfuge.

Comment

Originally posted by Witch_King View Post
                so after all this talk u finally realized that it is a fairytale?
                I never said i was religious or even said i agree with the starting analogy. I was debating the argument as you didn't seem to understand how the universe could be seen as infinite. Again it seems that you cannot grasp the concept that there is more than two alternatives to the universe and how it works.

Comment

There is a reason why they call it a theory and not a theorem.
                  A theorem is in mathematics. The central requirement of a scientific theory is that it is falsifiable, which is why science does not discuss things in terms of proof and theorem.

In science a theory is the highest level of veracity.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Actually it is true for time, time is just another spatial dimension that began at the universal expansion, at least as we know it. The tricky part about this is when you consider that our universe may not be the sum of existence and there is no evidence on which to base an assumption that it is.

But even though the infinite does exist this bit of cunning word trickery is still a very poor argument because it essentially means redefining the word "god" which is generally accepted and believed in as a coherent entity with curiously human traits into something which is not actuaqlly recognisable as a god in the first place. It's a "gotcha" analogy as I already laid out:

Do you believe in god?

No.

Do you believe there is such thing as infinity?

Yes.

Well then god is just the same as infinity, therefore you believe in god AHAAAA! YOU JUST WANT TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR IMMORAL WAYS!

To illustrate the absurdity of this I redefined god as a slice of cheesecake. My redefinition is every bit as valid as the other poster's redefinition, perhaps more so because it is made in the spirit of humour, not in the spirit of subterfuge.
                    Time as a dimension as i stated earlier is finite. As we know it anyway as you rightly stated. But if the universe keeps repeating, it can be seen as infinite. i simply came in here to explain the thinking behind the analogy and that the universe by what we know could very well be infinite. I never said I agree with the analogy.

Comment

If i may add to the discussion, although i do not consider myself too well versed in the matter.

Someone referred to time (was it green giant?) as being possibly infinite when viewed from the point of beyond the supersingularity that was before the big bang. Hasn't it been suggested before that in rewinding the big bang to the earliest stages up till the singularity, it becomes apparent that time itself becomes a casualty? Just like in black holes, when information cannot go back, so does the perception of time? Either time in a singularity stops, or it is in a closed loop of infinity, much like an infinite number of points between 1 and 2, a limited set, yet infinity.

I tend to agree with witch_king that the universe is finite, as evidenced by the continuing and accelerating expansion. I don't know whether it will result in a big rip though, although it seems to be the leading contender.

IMO, a big rip is not necessary to have particles decay, it happens on its own already.

Ah, the wonder of science, its admission of not being absolute is not a weakness as spewed about by zealots, rather, it is what makes it so persistent and practical, ergo its strength.

Comment

Working...
                      X