No announcement yet.

The couch potato crew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    It's disgraceful that you state anyone that scored for Canelo had an agenda. Can you be more specific about what this agenda was/is?

A few of us from NSB scored the fight in our fantasy league. At least 3 of us had Canelo winning. I had him winning 115-113. If you had a draw or GGG 115-113, as some did, that was understandable. I didn't score the fight based on an agenda, I scored the fight the same way I did Kov/ward 1 where I had Kov winning.

There were some close rounds. Some people gave them to GGG, some to Canelo. Why do you chalk this up to an "agenda"?
    The thing is though Dunn, I knew without even looking which way you'd score the fight. Same for a few other posters here

May not be a specific agenda per se, but such predictability lends to something..

Comment

[QUOTE=Shape up;18067512]
      Originally posted by KKKonorMcGregor View Post
      Just like most bodybuilder fans have never actually properly took to the extent of being a bodybuilder, you don't need to have done something to comment on something as much as I disagree with them they have their right to have an opinion.[/QUOTE. ------------------------- Would you agree that there is a difference between the opinion of an actual boxer compared to a fan that has never sparred, competed, understands the dynamics of boxing, would you considera boxer as a more worth, expert opinion?
      It depends, some of the greatest boxers about can show bias just like your average dude on here, they will understand things more in detail than just your average fan.
      We seen Chavez Sr say he thought Canelo won should I take his word seriously or should I think there is an underlying bias in his thought?
      The point I'm making is even a great boxer can be selectively blind.

If you have studied the game long enough chances are you can still know a hell of a lot about the sport even without having competed at a top level.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
        Do you think you were impartial, because in an earlier post you picked canelo by UD and said the judges would favour canelo, so here we are with a draw, the majority(80+%) said ggg won and if the judges did favour canelo that all adds up
        Yes I do feel I was impartial. There was one card 115-113 GGG and another was 114-114. Mine was 115-113 Canelo. Is that so bad?

I pick a winner before fights and then score them as does everyone here. It's fair to suggest that maybe I could have my pick influence my scorecard. However, when it comes to controversial cards I tend to be close to the midle or on the side that the majority think won.

Most recently I had Kov 114-113 in Ward/Kov 1. I also had Jacobs over GGG 115-113. I had Manny over Horn as well.

But what is the agenda you referred to?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          The thing is though Dunn, I knew without even looking which way you'd score the fight. Same for a few other posters here

May not be a specific agenda per se, but such predictability lends to something..
          In the fantasy chat I scored each round and discussed why I gave the round to the fighter. Respectfully, how could you when I had no idea how I would score the fight?

Additionally, if this was the case, why did my scores on Kov/Ward 1 or Manny/Horn, in addition to others, not fit into your predicting where my score would be?

Comment

Here we are a couple of days after the ggg canelo fight and looking at the forum seems funny, nearly every boxing media outlet and pro boxer who hasn't got an agenda picked ggg as the winner and all I see here is the same old couch potato EXPERTS who have never been in a ring or got up at 5am to do roadwork making thread after thread running down ggg trying to convince everyone canelo won, other funny thing is I bet canelo won't activate the rematch, he has already stated he will not commit to it yet, to all the clowns that think that canelo won, can you please explain to me why I should believe you and what makes your opinion more valid than pro boxers and media pundits that have covered fights for years, keeping in mind that as you have all stated for 2 years that canelo is the A side so that these media outlets should have given him the benefit of the doubt, yet they picked ggg
            And what's your agenda? You have an avatar of Jose Cotto wobbling Canelo why is that? You hate mexicans? You hate gingers? You are Puerto Rican who hate mexicans?

Shawn Porter must also have an agenda since he scored the fight to Canelo.

Comment

The difference in power punches was minimal, the difference in jabs was large
              You avoided the question.

Comment

Personally i think that If you don't have your own boxrec then you should not be allowed to post on this forum imo. Dosen't matter if you have had a bunch of losses at least you have been in the ring.

Heres a link to mine.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/352

Comment

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
                  Personally i think that If you don't have your own boxrec then you should not be allowed to post on this forum imo. Dosen't matter if you have had a bunch of losses at least you have been in the ring.

Heres a link to mine.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/352
                  I'm deleting my account, I'm sorry TBE I will join up again once I've fought.

Comment

Here we are a couple of days after the ggg canelo fight and looking at the forum seems funny, nearly every boxing media outlet and pro boxer who hasn't got an agenda picked ggg as the winner and all I see here is the same old couch potato EXPERTS who have never been in a ring or got up at 5am to do roadwork making thread after thread running down ggg trying to convince everyone canelo won, other funny thing is I bet canelo won't activate the rematch, he has already stated he will not commit to it yet, to all the clowns that think that canelo won, can you please explain to me why I should believe you and what makes your opinion more valid than pro boxers and media pundits that have covered fights for years, keeping in mind that as you have all stated for 2 years that canelo is the A side so that these media outlets should have given him the benefit of the doubt, yet they picked ggg
                    Well I'm insulted and offended. I actually thought Golovkin won but I don't understand how being a couch potato make you unfit to score a boxing match. Do you actually think Adalaide Byrd was up at 5 AM doing road work the day of the fight.

Seriously man. The fight was close. I have a hard time giving it to Canelo but I've seen enough respected posters on here that picked him. This wasn't such a total blow out where the result was unquestionable. Golovkin left enough doubt in people's mind for some to see Canelo as the winner. No agendas needed to see it differently than you or I saw it.

Comment

The worst are the guys who told the forum, for what 18 months?, that GGG was hype and was going to be beaten up and stopped when he stepped it up against Canelo.
                      But then when Canelo got what is being viewed as a controversial draw..they spent the next few days in over jubilant mood. The sense of relief is there, they never really had faith in their man/prediction.

According to them GGG was going to be 'exposed'. So, in their eyes GGG did better than they expected regardless..but yeah, he's still been 'exposed' according to them because he didn't knock GGG out. Even though they strongly predicted a Canelo KO.

BoxingScene eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X