• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the teeeeeeeeaaaaars

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Only one person went for Ward by KO
      I been picked ward by ko.... when the fight started there were only 12 picks for ko

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        I been picked ward by ko.... when the fight started there were only 12 picks for ko
        I meant in the pick 'em thread.

Comment

• Kovalev's career was saved actually. he could have been laid out on the canvas, knocked out cold. eventually it would have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Weeks is just saving face because his pre-fight instructions have him dictate the belt line is legal on Kovalev.

Al Bernstein albernstein

I responded to a fake Tony Weeks account--sorry my bad

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              Al Bernstein albernstein

I responded to a fake Tony Weeks account--sorry my bad
              dayum . The realities of social media: people pretending to be who they aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                None of the Kova bros want to talk about how utterly done Kovalev looks in this video, well before the low blows. How desperately he was trying to clinch while Ward was having none of it. How entirely in control Ward is. How few punches Kovalev is throwing.

Arguing about where the last few shots landed and the timing of the stoppage is fair but missing the bigger picture of the round. Yes, the fight shouldn't have been stopped at the particular moment that it did. And in fact, a point off or at minimum a warning plus a break for Kov would have been fair.

But, Ward demonstrated who the better fighter is tonight. That's the reality of this. Clinging onto the gifs of the last few shots will not change that reality.
                In my opinion he really doesn't. I don't get that vibe from Kovalev at all. Because he hangs his arms a bit? He does this in all his fights at some point.

And unless you have proof that none of the potential low blows are in fact low, you can't really say with certainty that he isn't doubling over and affected by actual low blows - which would mean his body language is warranted and normal given the circumstances.

I don't think either fighter demonstrated who is better last night. One guy was in control most of the fight and the other fighter managed to "end it" in a rather bizarre manner in a round he was ahead in. There was no dominance on either side, and if there was, it was moreso Kovalev as up until that round, he was ahead and was arguably picking Ward apart slowly.

Comment

• This is hilarious.... I would have more respect for Kovalev if he accepted the loss but like a majority on this forum he can't comprehend the fact he lost a second time so he makes up excuses to why he lost.

If he was such a superior fighter and a beast he would have mauled Ward but fatigue (the true enemy of all athletes besides time) overtook Kova and he was looking for a way out.
                  Last edited by norrin; 06-18-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I want you all to noticcccce how Andre picks off Sergays jab to the body and successfully works off of it : it was really stupid of Kovalev to change the level into the area where Dre had more variety in his arsenal! but hey it worked against others right? thats what people do when they are desperate, go back to what works for them and Ward knew this and was ready.

...did Dre not show Kovalev mercy in this footage? did he not hurt him with a powerful legal body shot and relented his attack? please pay attention! there are TWO scenes here -- BOTH legal.

You see this explains the state of mind that Dre was in when he had Kovalev hurt in the 8th round ; Ward had already gave him a break and this time he would not hold back. Kovalev was going to get stopped, his body language says it all. You know I really think Ward has done Kovalev a great service, from now on hes going to have a few loyal supporters that will always contest these results and really in the mind of this euro-bum he still thinks hes undefeated and now has greater motivation to keep fighting....for that I am a little upset at Dre -- don't ever give your enemies a moral victory out of the kindness of your heart.
                    In one instance here, Ward clearly hit Kovalev in the stomach and Kovalev looked at the referee for help. Kovalev was tired, beaten up, and looking for a way to quit. Period.

Comment

• As I was saying...
                      Andre Ward is levels above. Sensational TKO victory. Ward would beat Kovalev every day of the week, one of the most underrated Boxers of all time, never gets his true merit. Stands alone at P4P #1 after that victory, congrats champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X