Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have a problem with Pacquiao-Marquez 5. Blame Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Lots think like this, but most people came to the conclusion if they had 15 fights, it would always be close. In 15 fights it would always be close with maybe a ko or 2 in that amount of fights.

So there was no point in the 3 and 4th fights you could say. If JMM got a decision in the 2nd or 3rd fight it would probably be close and Pac fans saying robbery.

When SRR and raging bull fought were they always close? When Ali fought Frasier they were always competitive and would always be competitive. But as long as the public want to see competive fights that more than enough reason.
    Actually the Robinson and LaMotta fights were always close apart from the last one.

A lot of people who were there think Jake could easily have had two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      I never got into that dispute about money. Everyone wants more money BUT I did come out and question some of Manny's pick of opponents. Manny vs Marquez #3 is an example of that. That for me was just a money fight ...... but Manny had to go down to 143 and Marquez looked physically bigger than Manny at the weigh in. So thoughts changed after that weigh in and expected a more competitive fight.

Funny how you talk about CW and being honorable (ie. fight at division limit) yet Manny vs Marquez #4 you still have to criticize Manny, which was at the WW division limit, instead of criticizing Marquez for accepting Manny to come in at 143 for fight #3. It looks like you just have an agenda against Manny.

I'm not even sure where you are going with this anymore but you can't question Manny vs Marquez #4. Especially now when Manny is ready on taking on a guy who just KOed him like that ...... to say "I'm ready for #5", one can just say he is courageous and a true fighter/warrior. I don't call that ducking or cherry-picking nor do I believe that Manny wants Marquez #5 for monetary reasons.
      Manny set the weight limits for each fight, not JMM. So why would anyone criticize JMM for a CW that manny instituted?

Oh, the "agenda against manny" excuse when you can't rationally justify manny's bull*****.

SO you are judging the fight on the outcome? Manny only made it to get an easy check after his 1st easy check option, Miguel at a cw wasn't there anymore.

Its not courageous. Its just he's a loser and losers usually want to another chanced immediately. Courageous would be giving an immediate rematch after winning controversially or after drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        i dont think it will be 50/50///JMm should get the bigger cut. And the higher the risk the higher the reward....It was the only big fight Manny had on the table. Bradley couldnt pack check cashing place much less an arena like JMM can. And he already beat Bradley...so noooobody would wanna see that.
        Lets not forget Manny's first choice was a CW Cotto fight rematch. Lets be clear. Manny chose Marquez simply for money and not because he wanted to be a warrior and give him a rematch because if that was really the case then Manny would have never even think about Cotto. Marquez was actually a cherry pick since Manny thought forcing Marquez to a full 147 would give Manny the biggest advantage to make it a safest fight for the money. If your a real Pacfan and more importantly a boxing fan, you would a agree....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Manny set the weight limits for each fight, not JMM. So why would anyone criticize JMM for a CW that manny instituted?

Oh, the "agenda against manny" excuse when you can't rationally justify manny's bull*****.

SO you are judging the fight on the outcome? Manny only made it to get an easy check after his 1st easy check option, Miguel at a cw wasn't there anymore.

Its not courageous. Its just he's a loser and losers usually want to another chanced immediately. Courageous would be giving an immediate rematch after winning controversially or after drawing.
          Are you serious! Are they really now saying that the higher weight benefited Marquez or that it was Marquez's choice?!!!That is phucking absurd!!!!

Comment

pac gave marquez 2 rematches... the 3rd and 4th so its only fair for marquez to give pac the rematch

Comment

I blame the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                this is true!!!
                Its only true if your a sour graping Pacfan. You of all people were against Pac-Marquez 4 cause you knew and even said it yourself that the fight would always be close regardless who you scored it for so its pointless seeing the same fight over and over again. Now if Pac was the one knocking Marquez out, I would really doubt you would be asking for a 5th. Be honest. You would be so against it!!!But since Pac got layed out. Now your crying cause you didn't like the end of a series that has ended in such a decisive manner. Please get over it dude and stop crying like a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  Are you serious! Are they really now saying that the higher weight benefited Marquez or that it was Marquez's choice?!!!That is phucking absurd!!!!
                  Does anything surprise you? We've had slo mo replays, foot stomps, PED's etcetc. Next it'll be JMM fought but it was his twin brother who took the piss ttest and thats why it was negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                    I blame the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      stop trying to make what Pac did honorable. He was being a greedy lil *****. He tried to CW cotto again. refused to fight floyd. He totally blew off Bradley. He fought JMM 4 only because he thought it was an easy payday. He was wrong about it and KTFO.
                      LOL Manny isn't that smart, you are giving him way too much credit. All he does is do what a slave does best, a third worlder who is loyal to a man who helped him make money, Pacquiao is a throwback yesman boxer in the mold of Henry Armstrong and Joe Louis never questions a thing does what his masters aka manager and promoter suggest is best.

Arum suggested the Cotto rematch because of the money, Roach also has his say, Pacman never ever started the catchweight thing it was scared Freddie Roach who had no confidence in Pacman who started using the catchweight deal and Pacman road with it, Pac has basically learned everything from the street or from life experience and has no formal education so he trusts whatever Roach and Arum tell him, heck he was even loyal to the crook Murad Muhammed and only went to trial because Roach told him he was getting robbed and he wouldn't train MAnny unless he dropped them.

JMM and NACHO are one in the same, JMM is very educated and an accountant he and Nacho are on the same page, JMM is his own man he is no idiot like Pacman.

Arum tells Pacman what to do, Floyd Mayweather said it himself, Floyd never said Pacman was scared, he just said that Pacman is Bob Arums ***** boy basically he does what Arum tells him to do, but the funnything is Floyd does whatever Al Haymon tells him.

Arum told Manny that Marquez fight would bring more money and advised Pacman that is the best fight because it brings more money. Pacman will pretty much fight anyone if the money is right and Arum tells him the money is right, hence the TALK TO MY PROMOTER line he says, that is where his third world mentality comes through, back when boxers came from the extreme gutter in America like Armstrong that is all they did follow the master.

Pacman will be broke in a few years, the guy doesn't have much of a educated brain and is naive as hell.
                      Last edited by hectari; 01-15-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X