No announcement yet.

Man shot 13 times by police

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liraj View Post
    when did running become justification for killing a man? the guy didn't even have a knife in hand, a knife was never found. this cop was clearly looking for an excuse to waste this dude. This guy is just a killer with a badge, no different than the gang banger's that go around killing their enemies.
    its not ^^^

I don't think he was looking for an excuse to shoot him but you have to be in the officers shoes to really see what was going thru his mind at that time, its easy to look at a video and judge...

you comparing the cop to a gang banger killing their enemies is ridiculous bro

Comment

Cop did what he was trained to do. You don't make herky jerky movements at a cop who's told you to move slow.

He should've put his hands up and got out of the car real slowlike. He's got nobody to blame but himself.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        like always I understand the point you're trying to make but...if you was the officer what do you do in a situation like that...
        I don't know because I wasn't there and am not a trained officer but I do think he was a bit aggressive. I don't think I would have just shot him like that or continued to shoot him while he was already on the floor with his back turned.

[QUOTE=squealpiggy;12813506][QUOTE=Cuauhtémoc1520;12813123]

The suspect tried to run. He'd already demonstrated he wasn't going to comply. He then turned around and reached into his truck after being told to show his hands. If the guy had reached into his truck and pulled out a handgun and shot the hesitating officer then we'd be watching the same video with the caption "LOL fat cop got owned, shoulda shot him".
        I would never say or type that, so no your very wrong. Second, if you actually read my post, you would see that I wasn't opposed to the shooting, just his aggressiveness and the way he continued to shoot him after he was dead and his back was turned.

Especially when they're on camera, especially when they deliberately position the car so that the camera faces the action in accordance with the training, especially when you tell him beforehand to stay where he is and show his hands.

Man what a shitty executioner.
        So that's the only way to execute someone? In silence, no cameras and nobody watching?

The thing about violent felons who are on the run for a violent crime and who are known to be armed is that they don't respond as well as you or I to the word "please".
        Really? How would you know this? Watching a lot of tv dramas lately hu?

Everything was in accordance to police procedure with the possible exception of him going to attempt to apprehend the suspect alone. Now it's difficult to know the context of what happened here, the context of the video doesn't make it clear. Some people have said he was "waiting for the suspect" in which case I would expect at least two officers or more if it was clear that he would be violent. It's also possible, considering that this was a domestic violence case, that he was guarding the victim in which case it may be reasonable for him to be there alone.
        Yet you made assumptions in the posts above, talk about talking out of two sides of your face. I basically said the same thing. I never said the shooting wasn't necessary, I just said if he had responded differently, could it have been avoided. Two very different things.

Comment

man, that was just too fast.. 2 shots at the leg would have stop this guy already..

yes at the end of the police has every right to shoot that guy, but man..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            For me, I think that as a police officer you should do everything NOT to just shoot someone in their front yard.

Now let's look at what happened.

The officer was waiting for him to drive by, when he did, he approached the truck with his gun drawn. Ok, that's fine because he's a convicted felon and is a dangerous person.

I never saw him go at the cop, whether he had a knife or not is hard to tell but he didn't lunge at the police officer from what I saw. He wasn't complying in putting his hands up and I understand that could be taken that he might do something but I do think the cop overreacted somewhat coming out so aggressive ready to shoot it seemed.

What I didn't like about the video, is not necessarily the shooting but how many times he shot him and then continues to shoot him in the back when he was down. He just unloaded on the guy even when he was on the ground. Then they handcuff him when he's obviously either dead or dying. He wasn't moving from what I saw, and they even dragged him.

We need to understand that the police is NOT judge and jury in this country. Regardless of how you feel about the person shot, or whether he was a bad person, we can't just be driving around and executing people.

I'm not saying the shooting wouldn't have happened or wasn't necessary, I just thought the way it went down was excessive and might have been prevented if the officer had taken a less aggressive route.

That was not a discretionary act - it was procedure. Police officers are ordered to "shoot to kill" if they feel the suspect is about to cause them harm.

Watch the video closely, the guy clearly appears to be reaching down and trying to grab something.

It's not fair to the police officer to say he has to wait and see exactly what the guy is reaching for before shooting. Not when the officer told him not once, not twice, BUT THRICE to ****ing stop moving.

You're trying too hard to condemn the cops here. There's plenty of situations where police officers were out of line - this is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
              man, that was just too fast.. 2 shots at the leg would have stop this guy already..

yes at the end of the police has every right to shoot that guy, but man..
              Cops are trained to shoot to kill. And the logic behind doing so is absolutely justifiable in situations like this.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                That was not a discretionary act - it was procedure. Police officers are ordered to "shoot to kill" if they feel the suspect is about to cause them harm.

Watch the video closely, the guy clearly appears to be reaching down and trying to grab something.

It's not fair to the police officer to say he has to wait and see exactly what the guy is reaching for before shooting. Not when the officer told him not once, not twice, BUT THRICE to ****ing stop moving.

You're trying too hard to condemn the cops here. There's plenty of situations where police officers were out of line - this is not one of them.
                man, you're just phucking stupid. straight up.

"they're trained to shoot to kill"

this god damn idiot thinks that means opening a clip on the suspect. one day it'll be a Black man who takes your life and the irony will be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  Agree with this post. Keep your hands up next time just like he asks, and don't pull out a knife? It's really not that hard.

Great job by the cop.
                  You can't justify shooting someone 13 times especially after he was on the ground. Why continue to keep shooting at him when he had the suspect under control?

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
                    You can't justify shooting someone 13 times especially after he was on the ground. Why continue to keep shooting at him when he had the suspect under control?
                    He was still moving. . . He was still a potential thread as long as he could move and grab a gun. DId he have a gun? No. Did the officer know that he didn't manage to get ahold of a gun while he kept reaching down, and moving around while being yelled at to stop? Absolutely not. . .

It's simple procedure, police officers are trained to shoot until the suspect is no longer a potential threat, basically meaning "shoot to kill."

If somebody can still grab a gun and shoot you, he's still a threat. Once you cross that line (by not obeying, and reaching for something - like this guy CLEARLY WAS), cops are gonna tax that ass. . . And justifiably so. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      What I didn't like about the video, is not necessarily the shooting but how many times he shot him and then continues to shoot him in the back when he was down. He just unloaded on the guy even when he was on the ground. Then they handcuff him when he's obviously either dead or dying. He wasn't moving from what I saw, and they even dragged him.
                      That's what my problem was... once the guy was dropped, the cop was no longer in harms way, yet still kept firing.

It could of been the difference between him living and dying.

The one cop asked how many shots were fired and he said somewhere around 6.... he didnt even realize he damn near emptied his clip.

Comment

Working...
                      X