Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Atlas: Bad Pub Making NSAC Postpone Canelo-GGG Until September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I mean, can anyone really imagine this fight not happening at all because of these positive tests? I doubt it even moves off the May 5 date.
    Yes. I can imagine it. I mean, there's only 2 options here.

1. Suspend him before the fight
    2. Suspend him after the fight

He's definitely getting suspended.

Maybe they find a middle ground by letting the fight go as scheduled, but have none of the belts on the line - making it a non-title fight, yet still suspending him for a calendar year (with California, NY, Texas, and Mexico all honoring the suspension). That would be the only scenario I can see where all 3 sides can win.

Comment

If they are serious about their credibility there are no options. Canelo has to be suspended and the fight canceled. There are going to be no winners in this mess. I feel sorry for Golovkin but that is the only course. Golovkin can take Canelo to court for the lost proceeds of the fight. Don't know if he will. He has to stop chasing the Canelo fight and just move on.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        If they are serious about their credibility there are no options. Canelo has to be suspended and the fight canceled. There are going to be no winners in this mess. I feel sorry for Golovkin but that is the only course. Golovkin can take Canelo to court for the lost proceeds of the fight. Don't know if he will. He has to stop chasing the Canelo fight and just move on.
        I feel you. You're absolutely correct.

It almost makes me want to see Canelo face more harsh punishment than just a year off because of how big a fight this is, what it means for boxing, how it affects GGG both situationally and financially, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TyroneDeShawn View Post
          You an obvious cry baby racist this why we must recognize white privilege is still a thing!
          Only white people can be racist and only men can be sexist

Get with it kid

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
            Just confirming how much of a joke these athletic commissions are along with these corrupt sanctioning bodies if the six month suspension is bestowed.

Money talks and bull s h i t runs marathons. All smoke screens and snake oil folks.

Alvaroid will fight GGG in September for the Mexican independence day and business as usual.
            Canelo will be under the microscope and I don't think he can fight GGG without juicing. I doubt this fight will ever happened. Now or never.

Comment

..."until an unspecified date in September." I wonder. could it possibly be anytime around .... um... Sept 16?

Comment

"And guess what September is It’s Mexican Independence Day.."

mofo said that like he just cracked the Da Vinci code. glad this dude got fired. wish Merchant would've got fired decades ago too.

so now the NSAC takes action and mofos say its only a show for the press but if they do nothing then they're corrupt. wtf do you people want?

cancelling this fight ONLY affects GGG. let's get that crystal clear. he's the one that put his unification dream on hold to chase Canelo. he's the one thirsting for a payday. he's the one that's gonna be older and more washed up whenever they do scrap.

and it's not a given that they simply reschedule it. expect GBP to slap GGG with a defamation suit. its gonna get ugly in court. these two might never share a ring again. Canelo is blessing him with a payday lets not forget that.

while suspended Canelo can have fights in other states that will welcome him with open arms and a long line of champions will follow him. Nevada ruling doesn't mean sht in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by herb666 View Post
                  ..."until an unspecified date in September." I wonder. could it possibly be anytime around .... um... Sept 16?
                  Nah....

that would be a Sunday...15th maybe ?

But Yeah, That's if Canelo even wants to fight Golovkin without that PED edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    Only white people can be racist and only men can be sexist

Get with it kid
                    Only Racist! Most White guys are secretly gay. The Sexist part is all show and a power trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      "And guess what September is It’s Mexican Independence Day.."

mofo said that like he just cracked the Da Vinci code. glad this dude got fired. wish Merchant would've got fired decades ago too.

so now the NSAC takes action and mofos say its only a show for the press but if they do nothing then they're corrupt. wtf do you people want?

cancelling this fight ONLY affects GGG. let's get that crystal clear. he's the one that put his unification dream on hold to chase Canelo. he's the one thirsting for a payday. he's the one that's gonna be older and more washed up whenever they do scrap.

and it's not a given that they simply reschedule it. expect GBP to slap GGG with a defamation suit. its gonna get ugly in court. these two might never share a ring again. Canelo is blessing him with a payday lets not forget that.

while suspended Canelo can have fights in other states that will welcome him with open arms and a long line of champions will follow him. Nevada ruling doesn't mean sht in Texas.
                      Or Mexico!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X