No announcement yet.

Diaz vs Woodley in July?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaz vs Woodley in July?

Nate Diaz is finally ready to fight Tyron Woodley -- saying, "I see him on TMZ every week, talking about me. I'm like, 'What the ****?'"

Diaz spoke with ESPN's Brett Okamoto and Nate was asked when we'd finally see him return to the octagon -- since he hasn't fought since the Conor McGregor rematch in 2016.

That's when he brought up Tyron ...

"I'm getting to the point where I'm sick of not fighting. I'm not getting any younger ... I put that tweet out saying I wanted to fight in May or June, but I didn't say who because I was weighing my options. And now, Woodley is my best option."

Tyron had previously said he was offered the Nate Diaz fight at UFC 219 but Diaz refused to sign the contract. Tyron's been calling Nate out on his show, "The Hollywood Beatdown" -- which drops every week on the TMZ Sports YouTube page.

"I see him on TMZ every week, talking about me. I'm like, 'What the ****? If that's what you want to do.' It's not really my weight class, but I'm with it," Diaz said.

"I think it's my title we're fighting for. If he's the one calling me out, whose title are we fighting for? Who's the real champion here?"

Diaz says he's eyeing UFC 226 in Vegas on July 7 -- because he wants a 3-month camp to get ready.

The newest episode of "The Hollywood Beatdown" drops on Friday -- don't miss it.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/07/nate-d...wood-beatdown/

I like it. Nate needs to f#cking do something already. I don't love his chances vs TWood, but if Diaz were to win him vs McGregor in a rubber match would break all UFC PPV records.

And this fight could put TWood on Conor's map for real too.

Assuming the UFC can ever get Conor to fight again & f#ck if I was him I'd be talking to fat reducing grill makers right now vs planning my next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I like it. Nate needs to f#cking do something already. I don't love his chances vs TWood, but if Diaz were to win him vs McGregor in a rubber match would break all UFC PPV records.

And this fight could put TWood on Conor's map for real too.

Assuming the UFC can ever get Conor to fight again & f#ck if I was him I'd be talking to fat reducing grill makers right now vs planning my next fight.
      If Diaz was thicker Id like his chances of wearing Woodley down late but Tyrons to thick for Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        If Diaz was thicker Id like his chances of wearing Woodley down late but Tyrons to thick for Diaz.
        Diaz gots the stamina to make it interesting, but TWood has been so smart & strategic lately I'm not sure he's beatable yet.

Sounds funny to say with how close those Wonder Boy fights were, but I think someone is really gonna need to not make one mistake to beat TWood right now.

That said he's old (34, 35 iirc) so age will bring him back down to reality soon enough even if I'm right presently cuz presently isn't gonna last too much longer. So says father time anyway.

Comment

Very, very interesting fight if it actually happens.

Comment

Most useless fight ever if it hapens. Nate will get utterly mauled at WW as we have seen before

Comment

Working...
            X