Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO is absolutely amazing at building stars: Pac, Floyd, GGG, Crawford....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. We're discussing the building of boxing stars right? Not whether you thought he won or loss against Herrera. That's not really the point. The point is Showtime gave Danny good fights where he would look good and build his fanbase. Then he was put on the undercard of the biggest fight in years, Canelo/Mayweather. That's quality development. Another smart decision was giving Danny a fight in Puerto Rico but they chose the wrong opponent. HBO most likely wouldn't have made the Herrera mistake.

This thread shouldn't be about your dislike for a fighter. Remember, he still has legit wins over Khan and Matthysse. That's why I said slowed his momentum because he's still a popular fighter. Plus the fight against Peterson peaked at 4.2 million viewers and averaged about 3.4. Garcia has a solid fanbase in Philadelphia and New York as well.

I would say Khan, Broner, Garcia and Thurman are Haymons most popular fighters.
    I see your point and you're sort of right, he has a great win over Matthysse and a very good one over Khan. But to get a robbery and act like the fight wan't even close is the actions of a little phag lol.

But you used the term "slowed momentum" for something that certainly wasn't merely a loss of momentum but a blatant actual physical loss (that everyone and their mother knew he lost) and a string of disgraces. He lost support because he lost the Herrera fight but didn't subseuently lose his support from the network and powerful people. He lost support because his opponent needs to KO him to win due to politics.

But Garcia will never be a star. Crawford's ceiling is 10x higher than the gift's.

Comment

Originally posted by GRIP STACCIN View Post
      lol what>>>

floyd is self made,,,if he was still with top skank hed be constantly getting punish for being to out spoken,,

as far as pquaioa he could have been a made man on any netowkr considering he pili[pino and they get a built in fannbaser.same goes for canelo like mexico,,

GGG is the only "star" thy built from scrash

Man shut the fuk up with that stupid ****.

floyd is self made lol so he fought on the mayweather network u say?

its delusional crack babies like who turned the nsb into ****s with the stupid nonsense you spit. if pacquaio and mayweather were both on showtime, your saying they would be a big as they are today lol.

do you even know what HBO has done with, there "own" money to help these guys careers? how many stars have hbo had a hand making, now do the same with showtime or any other network? hbo is still and always will be the best platform for exposure of fighters and the sport of boxing in general.

Comment

What's with this weird obsession over networks/promoters?
        Every time i come here dudes are making threads about this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by downklown View Post
          What's with this weird obsession over networks/promoters?
          Every time i come here dudes are making threads about this nonsense.
          Fans care about how boxing is presented, so they are going to praise fighters/promoters/networks putting on entertaining and competitive fights fights and call out the fighters/promoters/networks that aren't. The obsession is with the quality of the events we are getting.

If people didn't talk about this stuff then fighters/promoters/networks would have no reason to do it better than the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
            Cotto etc etc. Any other ones?

Felix Verdejo will be absolutely massive soon too.

The other networks suck @ss with their young fighters/budding stars. SHO and the Haymon experience suck @ss.
            I doudt they build anything. They like top rank just open their pocket books wide for great talent. Case in point top rank gave felix Verdejo 600,000 on top of his contract rates just for him to sign. I think we all can agree that felix was special before top rank or hbo got ahold of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana White Sr View Post
              Man shut the fuk up with that stupid ****.

floyd is self made lol so he fought on the mayweather network u say?

its delusional crack babies like who turned the nsb into ****s with the stupid nonsense you spit. if pacquaio and mayweather were both on showtime, your saying they would be a big as they are today lol.

do you even know what HBO has done with, there "own" money to help these guys careers? how many stars have hbo had a hand making, now do the same with showtime or any other network? hbo is still and always will be the best platform for exposure of fighters and the sport of boxing in general.

TBE is with showtime u dummy,,,and manny has an inherited fanbase cause he asain so of course he gonna get support,,and floyd can perform on any platform,,he had the proper outlook to building his career,

Comment

Working...
              X