Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Pics) Maidana already lost 30 pounds. 30 more and he'll be ready for a camp.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is still very fat. I have always liked him and wish him well. He should keep losing the weight slowly and properly with diet and training. I don't think he should fight at 154 as he is a small welterweight and too small for 154 in my opinion.

Comment

making it sound like losing 60lbs before starting proper training isnt a big deal

i was never a big fan of maidana but i always respected and appreciated him. not really liking this move, he was one of those guys who clearly was happy to retire. wish he invested his money better.

Comment

60lbs damn! fuck it, get back in shape too young to be that sloppy.,

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          making it sound like losing 60lbs before starting proper training isnt a big deal

i was never a big fan of maidana but i always respected and appreciated him. not really liking this move, he was one of those guys who clearly was happy to retire. wish he invested his money better.
          He will lose the 30 pounds in 45 days maximum. He's a professional.

Comment

Feed him someone easy to KO. Fight #2 = Broner fight #3 broner vs maidana. he makes enough to retire on permanently.

Comment

We're not talking about Tyson Fury fat back when Tyson was fat. Maidana looks pretty solid here...

He drops 18 more lbs with cardio/diet and dehydrates 12 lbs for the weigh-in and he makes weight.

Maidana was always entertaining to watch...I'm looking forward to his return. He's still 5 years younger than Manny...I think he'll be ready for a big fight in a year no problem.

Comment

Maidana should enlist the services of Tyson Fury to help him since Tyson far exceeded his comeback expectations. That is, if Maidana really has the same type of drive that Tyson does, which could be a question mark. Five years out though is difficult. Hoping for the best for him.
                Last edited by richardt; 02-19-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Who knows? And why would he need to win all three fights? No one gives a shiet. Already good to have him back. Yes, they fight for money just like you work for money. I didn't know that, eh? You're too smart.

history gives us a very good idea. he's been inactive since 2014 and he'll almost surely never weigh a healthy 147 lbs again. doesn't have a style for fighting bigger guys, all he will have is his power against 154 or 160 lbers.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Maidana should enlist the services of Tyson Fury to help him since Tyson far exceeded his comeback expectations. That is, if Maidana really has the drive that Tyson does, which could be a question mark.

fury is a HW with no weight class, and has very good boxing skills. but yes, if you're looking for a recent comparison to draw for inspiration, it's him.

Comment

30 more pounds and he'd be ready to start training for a boxing match, you mean. Something he hasn't done in 4 years. Dude needs 6 months to be in some sort of fighting shape.

Comment

Working...
                      X