Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyones Flipping out about FB letting Netflix read their PM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R01 View Post
    Literally just me drunk message hoes from like 7 years ago..hope they enjoyed reading them.
    LMAO I smashed this one chick on AIM(yeah I know OLD SCHOOL)

I had to go to her hometown for work several years later and I couldnt find her so I googled her and her FB came up I had to create a profile just to holler at her and she never responded lol. So yeah thats the type of BS they'll read.

Comment

Here is my question guys who understand this better than I do:
      What can you possibly do with all that information? I mean 90% of those emails are probably B.S. people saying high and meeting up. How can they sort through millions of those to get any relevant info?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

if you can't understand the difference between a "public" post (usually on someone's "wall") and a PM (private message)

then there is no way to help you.
        Thank you ^.
        This place is so obnoxious when idiots try lecturing other people about being idiots.
        Dude needs to understand the basic concepts involved here before ranting about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
          What can you possibly do with all that information? I mean 90% of those emails are probably B.S. people saying high and meeting up. How can they sort through millions of those to get any relevant info?

What’s the point in privacy and security then?

Comment

I dont use any of that social media platforms.

I only post on Boxingscene and Telegram.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
              What’s the point in privacy and security then?
              In not disputing the ethicacy of what they did.
              Just asking if sorting through all those millions of emails, most of which is probably junk, worth the trouble?

Comment

In not disputing the ethicacy of what they did.
                Just asking if sorting through all those millions of emails, most of which is probably junk, worth the trouble?

Who says an actual person has to?

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
                  Who says an actual person has to?
                  I don't know. That's why I'm asking.
                  If an actual human is not reading the emails and instead it's just a machine sorting through millions of emails/messages and storing them somewhere, how is that different from how Facebook stores your messages now?

What relevant info could Netflix want from people messages?

I'm not trying to sound foolish, I'm just seriously asking.
                  Last edited by JJRod; 12-19-2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    Everyones flipping out about FB Letting Netflix and Spotify read their private messages, but they were ok with FB's several million data breaches like 3 times in a row?

Or how FB persuaded millions of idiots to vote for Trump?

So private messages was the thing that went too far? LMFAO!
                    stupid comment

trump won on states that less attention on social media

hillary won california, new york where social tech brainwashing is strong

if facebook was trying to make trump win california would have went for trump lol

24/7 facebook, google, twitter was spreading trump hate during election

Comment

With algorithms they'll figure out how to sort through it and what they can do with it.

Also, it doesn't matter, they just want the info, they want to learn and know what people do and how they think to turn elections and sell people stuff.

Remember they used to do surveys in malls back in the day? They don't have to anymore your giving them everything they want and much more now.

This is how pro trump company Cambridge used fb to Target morons who believed in conspiracy theories. They came up with a psychological profile and used fb to Target those people so they could feed them fake conspiracy theories.

I can't believe anyone with a brain still uses FB or has one of those Amazon speakers in their house. Your literally handing your privacy away.

They know everything about you.

You see those social media icons on the bottom of your screen? They follow every word you type on here, they follow every action you make, if you scroll up, it sees that and records it, you read a post, it sees that and records it.

People still don't even come close to understanding how much these companies how taken our privacy away.
                      Last edited by AddiX; 12-20-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X