Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder says he can make $100 million in the Fury Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Canelo Alvarez and Golovkin just did a million homes on PPV; if you honestly think that they were able to convert 100% of the folks who have seen them fight on HBO, you're a fool.

A PPV gets made, and then the word goes out; fight fans, casuals who see the different promo material, general folks who hear about the hype, etc.

And then you have fight parties;
    You're comparing two different things lol. Both of those fighters had multiple PPV's behind them and people expected that fight to be a paid platform bout with two PPV ingrained fighters. This is a fighter who has long been available for nothing.. now sitting behind a paywall to fight an opponent that many either don't know or don't particularly want to pay money to see. Very different things. If you want me to break down bit by bit why these two won't sell as well in PPV as you think then i'd be happy to but I'm not going to waste my time on ignorance.

If you think for a single second that the majority of PPV's are bought buy people who see "promo" material or people who "hear about the hype" you're ****ing deluded. I think even you know you're talking bollocks there you're just clawing at what makes wilder seem in the same stratosphere as Joshua / matchroom when it comes to the factors needed to sell big PPV.

Aaahh yes the great US "fight parties"

Those shin digs that seem to happen at every household and matter not one bit because it all still translates to one single buy. You know the type of people in boxing fandom.. not just in the US but across the globe who have fight parties for a PPV? ... The same who have them for non PPV too.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Agree with you that 350,000 is a reasonable estimate for US PPV buys and if they do 500k they should be doing jumping for joy. Obviously no way Wilder can come even close to making 100 million, or 50 million for that matter. He's just talking nonsense to promote a fight.

But I do think the gate will exceed 6 million. They've priced this fight very very high and tickets are still selling well. The lower bowl is mainly 2,000 and 1,000 dollar tickets and most of the lowe bowl smoked. Upper deck had some 75 dollar tickets, but mainly 300 dollar tickets and they smoked too. Average ticket price will be well over 300 dollars. I think they have a chance of doing a 10 million dollar gate, which would be what Joshua & Klitschko did. Even if they fall short, it'll be more than 6 because they went with insane prices for this fight.
      I can go on AXS and StubHub and buy logo, middle or premier end tickets all bottom bowl for anywhere in-between 340 to 600 dollars. That's alot less than 1-2k.

There's also an absolute **** ton...I think this fight sells out but it won't be instantaneous by any stretch. Well it already isn't...

There's **** tons of tickets left now the initial furore for tickets has died down . Plenty of time left to shift them all but noones going to tell me this fight carries anywhere near the initial excitement with the paying public that a Joshua fight does.

Good to know we're similar on numbers though. Genuinely conflicted on this in all honesty.. I'd love the fight to do great from a fan perspective and a lover of the sport but I think both men are pricks and are controlled by pricks so a part of me wants it to flop.

Wilder by KO

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
        This is the epitome of an idiot.

You ranting and raving about a point I never made.

Nope, nowhere did I publish that Wilder was going to make $100 million, I actually said "on the surface, it seems like he is full of sh/t".

Just hush, it's better to be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth, and remove all doubt
        Youngster you are to stupid to understand the stupidity you wrote.

So you say “on the surface, it seems like he is full of shhht” when wilder talks about making 100 million. But actually...... And then you go on spewing stupid shhht to show he does have a chance at that number.

In absolutely no way will will he make 100 million in his fury fight.

Dude you are too stupid to understand the money side of boxing so youngster sit back and continue to count your favorite fighters money like it’s your own.

Comment

Wilder doesnt know math so he dont know wtf he is talking about. He couldnt count 20 hot wings without using his toes and fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
            I can go on AXS and StubHub and buy logo, middle or premier end tickets all bottom bowl for anywhere in-between 340 to 600 dollars. That's alot less than 1-2k.
            I can't speak for Stubhub, as those are tickets that were already sold at face value, but on AXS the cheapest lower bowl ticket is $517, and that's high up in the corners. The vast majority of lower bowl tickets were priced at one thousand to two thousand dollars and almost all of the two thousand dollar tickets have sold out. What remains in the lower bowl now is primarily one thousand dollar tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              I can't speak for Stubhub, as those are tickets that were already sold at face value, but on AXS the cheapest lower bowl ticket is $517, and that's high up in the corners. The vast majority of lower bowl tickets were priced at one thousand to two thousand dollars and almost all of the two thousand dollar tickets have sold out. What remains in the lower bowl now is primarily one thousand dollar tickets.
              Yeah just went and had a look and that seems to be in line with it all.

I'll be honest though personally... Those ticket prices are a rip off in my eyes.

Are they shutting off the top bowl? If so how many of that 21000 capacity is that?
              Last edited by yammy25; 10-09-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

This is embarrassing.

Comment

ESPN doe!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X