Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua: I'll Trust Myself, Train What I Want, Even If It Causes Team Friction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua: I'll Trust Myself, Train What I Want, Even If It Causes Team Friction

Anthony Joshua implies in the following audio interview that he's taking much more command and control over his training regime now, rather than just take instructions from his team blindly and without question. Instead, AJ is now choosing what areas to train on whenever he desires to do so.

"Even in the last camp for example, I might get told to work on my jab, when you know you need to work on your right hand, but you just crack on and work on the jab..."

"Now it's different. It's like 'Listen guys, I know you want me to work on my jab but we'll do that at the end, right now I need this and this'

"Even if you have good people around you, you should never lose the ability to trust your own instincts. Even if it causes friction with the team"

Joshua @ around 9 minutes in

https://play.acast.com/s/poundforpou...3-4bbb9ea4eb14

http://aca.st/1b01d1
    Last edited by FlatLine; 09-11-2019, 07:15 AM.

Quite a significant change in the way AJ is going to conduct this camp apparently. Although it does happen to some fighters when they've gained enough experience in boxing. Is AJ turning veteran a little too early though?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Anthony Joshua implies in the following audio interview that he's taking much more command and control over his training regime now, rather than just take instructions from his team blindly and without question. Instead, AJ is now choosing what areas to train on whenever he desires to do so.

"Even in the last camp for example, I might get told to work on my jab, when you know you need to work on your right hand, but you just crack on and work on the jab..."

"Now it's different. It's like 'Listen guys, I know you want me to work on my jab but we'll do that at the end, right now I need this and this'

"Even if you have good people around you, you should never lose the ability to trust your own instincts. Even if it causes friction with the team"

Joshua @ around 9 minutes in

https://play.acast.com/s/poundforpou...3-4bbb9ea4eb14

http://aca.st/1b01d1
      Thanks for the link. Great interview with Joshua, revealing his passion for the sport and his take on the Ruiz rematch. I still expect Ruiz to knock him out again but according to him, it's not a big deal. This is the only fight he's interested in and the only way he'll know for sure that first fight wasn't a fluke.

Comment

AJ gonna splatter Ruiz, he was actually coming out of his shell in the Miller leadup, getting angry and swearing at Miller - after that fell through in comes 'nice guy' Ruiz (sneaky tactic) and he had no object to direct his energy at. Now, he's gonna treat Ruiz as if he's an escaped Aztec and AJ is the Conquistador

Comment

He's talkin' stupid a whole lot recently to shake me up right?

I want to believe Joshua can win this. I'm not ready for the US to dominate the division alone, but Joshua keeps saying dumbass **** that makes me think Andy's just gonna splatter him.

Then again, no one's really said it that I've seen, some even claim the opposite, but at the press Ruiz looked shook. Don't get scared now homie.

Comment

Josh’s best interview since he turned pro. I think it’s because he knows Spence and their relationship is deeper than boxing.

To the idiots who think Josh is fake - this is the real AJ. Humble, down to earth and straightforward. I’d like to see him go on Mike Tyson and Joe Rogan’s Podcast after he absolutely destroys Ruiz.

Also, it’d be nice if he can do an interview with Boxing Beats and Rhymes and Hatman. And probably the Geordie podcast as well.

Comment

There you have your excuse for when he quits this time.

Comment

Never 2nd guess yourself.

Comment

Working...
                X