Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see Ruiz lasting long as champ or will he become another Buster Douglas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
    I don't see him lasting that long if he fights an elite boxer. Heck, there is a chance he will lose to AJ in the rematch. Remember, he wasn't supposed to win in the first place if it were not for AJ's less than usual show.

styles make fights, man. he's got fast hands and he boxed in mexico as an amateur so he knows how to work the body and weather a storm.

joshua's probbly going to take a tune up, and i'd guess that it will be a smaller, more active guy, so they make damn sure they don't lose to ruiz again.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      I think most likely he loses a rematch. I do think Joshua looked at this guy and didn’t think he had anything for him and got caught slipping.
      Doesn’t matter though. He’s already made history. He’ll keep getting good paydays off of this.
      styles make fights and AJ is terrible at controlling distance similar to frank bruno. if Ruiz and AJ fight again the results will be similar...AJ needs to hire Wladimir Klitschko to teach him how to fight tall and use his jab..Ruiz by Dramatic fashion in the rematch

Comment

Ruiz will win rematch. He's got his number. He needs to learn from Big George or Wlad to control the little guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
          Be honest with yourselves. Do you actually see Ruiz becoming a long reigning champ or do you see him crashing down and losing eventually like Buster Douglas? I think this was more of Ruiz having a bad style for AJ and AJ not being as mentally tough as many thought he was, which is why I see Ruiz winning the rematch if they do fight again.
          The only question is whether the huge upset and fame will get to Ruiz's head. Douglas became so undisciplined after beating Tyson that he did not care about training at all which resulted in him losing his next fight, so I'm wondering if the same could happen to Ruiz.
          It depends a lot on him. He fought well but he is grossly overweight and only averaged les than 30 punches a round. If this win makes him overconfident and think he doesn't need to train that hard he will get beat soon. If this win inspires him to be the best he could be he has potential. He is the fattest champion in history. He could lose easily lose 50 pounds with motivation and a good trainer. Then he could throw 70 punches a round and be a real terror. He might have an eating disorder or some other problem that makes him so fat.I would like to see what he could do If he lost all that blubber and looked like an in shape lean boxer.

Comment

I think we may have seen the beginning of a sequence where belts change hands like Instagram whores. The top guys, down to Whyte and probably further, can all beat each other. I don't think any wins 10 out of 10 against any other.

Comment

I think he beats AJ in rematch and i think he can also beat WilDer, but i sure dont see him beating Fury, Fury's popshot long reach style will have Fury an easy win

Comment

Douglas was always emotionally fragile. Ruiz seems to have his head on his shoulders. Doesn't seem like a Neon Leon Spinks to me but then again he might show up in Cabo with a couple hookers and a kilo of coke in front of him. I hope not, but you never know.

Comment

Be honest with yourselves. Do you actually see Ruiz becoming a long reigning champ or do you see him crashing down and losing eventually like Buster Douglas? I think this was more of Ruiz having a bad style for AJ and AJ not being as mentally tough as many thought he was, which is why I see Ruiz winning the rematch if they do fight again.
                  The only question is whether the huge upset and fame will get to Ruiz's head. Douglas became so undisciplined after beating Tyson that he did not care about training at all which resulted in him losing his next fight, so I'm wondering if the same could happen to Ruiz.
                  What does long reigning mean in your opinion?

For me anything over 3 years should be considered long reigning. A lot of fighters don't even win their first title defense.

If Andy has to face AJ again, next, that could be it for his reign.

It would be nice to see him defend in Mexico at least once.

I guess his reign lasts about 1 year.

Comment

Wilder vs Ruiz Cinco De Mayo 2020

Comment

Ruiz seems so well-adjusted mentally. Watching videos of him and learning about his story, I can tell he is a happy guy who really loves what he's doing. I can also see that he has a great support system. Hopefully the new fame and attention doesn't change that. I don't know how he will match up against Wilder or Fury, but I don't think any fighters will be sleeping on this guy. He may lose to Wilder or Fury, but I don't think he'd disappear like Buster.

Comment

Working...
                      X