No announcement yet.

The Founding Father's Founded What?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JabRight View Post
    On the topic of slavery, I have never heard of this guy, it was a youtube vid.

Check the 1st one, #10....

I was surprised by that never had heard of that occurrence - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015...ica-was-black/

Maybe it's well known in America, but had no damn clue.... Came across the youtube vid several months ago and Googled it. Just very surprised, i'd no clue! Is this BS or not? Because a hint of me smells something dodgy going on, just find it hard to believe.

Shocker for mr jab if true. Don't know what to think of it all really.

Yes, Anthony Johnson was the first black man in the U.S to have held slaves in 1621. Within a generation of the Civil War, the states of Delaware, Conneticut and Kansas reversed the 1643 Anthony Johnson Virginia court decision. The court decision stated, "a black person could not hold another black as a slave because it elevated and equated black slaveholder's to white slaveholders".

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Yes, Anthony Johnson was the first black man in the U.S to have held slaves in 1621. Within a generation of the Civil War, the states of Delaware, Conneticut and Kansas reversed the 1643 Anthony Johnson Virginia court decision. The court decision stated, "a black person could not hold another black as a slave because it elevated and equated black slaveholder's to white slaveholders".
        See I didn't know black men had ever had slaves. And wr did a fair amount on slavery at school too, but remained utterly ignorant to this..

Thanks for clarifying for me. Good to learn a few new things in a day!

Comment

Originally posted by JabRight View Post
          See I didn't know black men had ever had slaves. And wr did a fair amount on slavery at school too, but remained utterly ignorant to this..

Thanks for clarifying for me. Good to learn a few new things in a day!
          Well, to be fair, Johnson is known as being the first American to hold a black person as a slave for life. Johnson, who arrived in VA from England as an indentured servant in 1621, just two years after the first blacks had arrived in Jamestown. After working off his two year servitude, he earned enough money to purchase a small tract of land and several servants.

Over the next few years, he acquired an additional 640 acres under the "head rights system", a law that rewarded him for the number of slaves he owned.

Comment

Benjamin Franklin was known to be an abolitionist. What is not well known is the he opposed slavery because he did not want whites to interbreed with people of African descent. He once asked: "Why increase the sons of Africa by planting them in a America, where we have so fair an opportunity by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely white and red?"

Benjamin Franklin was one of the few Founding Fathers who opposed slavery, yet was fearful and opposed to mixing Black and White blood. Old Ben wanted the nation to quickly end slavery and ship Blacks out of the country.

In 1751, Benjamin Franklin, who had no use for black people, counseled his compatriots to take measures to keep the country all white and Indian red. He lamented that "The number of white people in the world's population is proportionally very small", and that the slave trade could possibly "darken" America.
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 08-07-2016, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Obama wasn't the first black president. The First President Was Black

Millions of tourists and students visit the District of Columbia annually just to see the Washington Monument and hear tour tales of George Washington, reportedly the first president of these United States. George Washington may have been many things including a slave owner, but he certainly was not this nation's first president.

It is not well known that the first president of the US was John Hanson, a Black man; a Moor. The Articles of Confederation were adopted in 1777. In 1781, when the Maryland colony officially signed the Articles of Confederation, uniting the 13 colonies into 13 United States, those united states became an actuality.

John Hanson, the man who signed for the Maryland colony, was immediately elected president of the assembled and united states. John Hanson's formal title was "President of the United States in Congress Assembled". John Hanson then became the first functional president of the United States of America.

The Founding Fathers and officials of the assembled states recognized John Hanson as the president of the United States. Even George Washington, the ranking general of the American Army, addressed Hanson with the highest title and honor in the land. Washington responded in a letter to Hanson as "John Hanson, President of the United States".

Last edited by Chollo Vista; 08-07-2016, 01:31 AM.

Comment

The founding fathers founded the greatest country on earth, end thread. Go live anYwhere else if you do not like the red white and blue.

Comment

I agree.

Moving to the Bahamas sounds quite enticing
                  Bye Felicia

Comment

Oh look, Krazy9, the security guard, quoting me again. No substance of course. Never is.

Comment

What's wrong with living in paradise? The Bahamas is paradise.

It's cost of living is 44.32% higher than the U.S.

Secondly, did African Americans not help turn the U.S into the powerhouse it is today via the countless contributions they made as slaves and free citizens?

This is undeniable. You're ******ed for even attempting to call a statement like that as comedic
                      Yes Africans are the reason the U.S. is the powerhouse it is today. They're the reason why Africa is a powerhouse as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X