Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does listening to audio books count at reading?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does listening to audio books count at reading?

I feel like I'm cheating when I tell people that I've read Game of thrones. Does it count or am I cheating?

It takes a lot more concentration to put your nose in a book. So yes, feel ashamed.

Comment

Listening and reading are different. You cant read with your ears. Ears are the things on the side of your head.

I only ever listen to audio books now. I got Tysons book for xmas, but downloaded the audio book so i could listen to it at work.

Comment

I listen to audio books all the time, no shame in it. I drive a lot so rather than listening to crappy radio I listen to books.

Comment

The actual act is Different of course, but the end result is you've taken in all the words.

Does reading use more brain power than listening? Are there Scientific studies on this? Surely there are.

Comment

I watch boxing fight by listening to their Audio. Devon-Bailey was a WAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              I watch boxing fight by listening to their Audio. Devon-Bailey was a WAR!
              Radio Golf is more Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Trigger View Post
                I feel like I'm cheating when I tell people that I've read Game of thrones. Does it count or am I cheating?
                No, it counts as listening. /thread

Comment

You just answered your own question.

LISTENING to audio books does NOT count as READING.

Comment

Reading the radio counts as listening.

Comment

Working...
                    X