Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
    rodriguez was turned down by hbo
    Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    HBO has turned down every single fighter Ward has suggested as an opponent.
    Both sides agreed on Rodriguez. I read the story the other day HBO put up 3 million and Ward reportedly offered Rodriguez 800k of it with the rest of the purse going to him.

It would possibly have been Rodriguez's highest payday although Di Bella disputes that.

Full story: http://mma-boxing.si.com/2013/08/26/...ng-next-fight/

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
      Guillermo Rigondeaux - at least HBO wants to show Ward's fights. Not to mention Rigo has scumbag of promoter who wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
      I see where you're coming from, but Rigo has only just had his big breakthrough win. Ward won a whole tournament against the best amongst other things. Poor comparison, but I guess you just wanted to make the ol' rigo flomboner dig at Bob Arum. One day you silly girls may actually realise that all promoters are as bad as each other...I doubt it though.

Comment

He doesn't care. He's just waiting for the Chavez fight because he wants to be on ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          He doesn't care. He's just waiting for the Chavez fight because he wants to be on ppv.
          Ward is a god damn fool if he thinks Arum feeds Chavez to him, and he's floating that out there for his gullible fans.....

It's put up or shut up time for him, point blank period....

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
            Ward is a god damn fool if he thinks Arum feeds Chavez to him, and he's floating that out there for his gullible fans.....

He fed him to Martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post

And in his mind he already put up so its time to get paid for it.

Comment

I like Ward. he's PFP #1 in my book. but if you don't or can't defend in 12 months time, it should be automatic strip.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  And in his mind he already put up so its time to get paid for it.
                  He needs to acknowledge reality tho. He's judging his value off PFP lists as opposed to the public demand to watch him fight.

Ward and Rigo can't go around demanding big money when they're not generating big money.

Comment

I agree, but not cause I'm a hater having watched Ward thoroughly outclass the best from my country or anything. He just needs to fight a worthy opponent and not some stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                      He needs to acknowledge reality tho. He's judging his value off PFP lists as opposed to the public demand to watch him fight.

Ward and Rigo can't go around demanding big money when they're not generating big money.
                      I disagree. Ward knows he's not a ppv draw so he needs an opponent that has a large enough fan base to make a ppv worthy fight.

And that's Chavez.

Comment

Working...
                      X