Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question is hopkins now just a measuring stick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question is hopkins now just a measuring stick?

or do you think he's still champion material????

He'll beat the top guys if they make enough mistakes. But the top guys shouldn't make so many mistakes.

Comment

If he beats Pavlik, which I doubt, he could get anotha title shot. I'd be interested in a fight between he and Dawson if it happened. But I don't think he's beatin Kelly. And if he loses he'll retire, so he won't be around to get relegated to measurin stick status anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
        If he beats Pavlik, which I doubt, he could get anotha title shot. I'd be interested in a fight between he and Dawson if it happened. But I don't think he's beatin Kelly. And if he loses he'll retire, so he won't be around to get relegated to measurin stick status anyway.
        naw man id hate to see a fight with him and dawson..dawson is too quick and powerful to high a workrate..now he might ko hopkins at this point

Comment

Absolutely.. This is Bhop.. He looked good in the JC fight, he just didnt throw enough

Hes gunna lose this fight, but he has nothing to lose.. hes 44

Let him be..

Comment

Yeah he is, if Kelly beat Bhop we going to see Calzaghe vs Pavlik next year or so. But of course Calzaghe should win against Roy Jones and not retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Queensdawg View Post
              Absolutely.. This is Bhop.. He looked good in the JC fight, he just didnt throw enough

Hes gunna lose this fight, but he has nothing to lose.. hes 44

Let him be..
              thats what im saying is he 2 old to produce the workrate needed to fight at championship level now therefore reduced to just being competitive

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                or do you think he's still champion material????
                If Pavlik beats him and he continues his career, then that's an accurate description. That's a big "if" though - if he loses thoroughly, he'll concentrate on promoting, I think...there won't be a demand for a lot more fights from him...

Comment

He's not a measuring stick, he can still beat a lot of the young guys in the light heavyweight division, they just don't bring enough money for him to fight them.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                    If he legitimately beats Pavlik, he'll get a title shot with whoever he wants. It would make Hopkins a major player again.

Comment

Working...
                    X