Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia fight sways me towards the notion that Marg was cheating for a while

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing is that Margarito broke Cotto nose in the 2nd or something.. i thought plaster didn't get solid till the 6th or so according to people on here. Margarito ain't a 1 punch ko artist he breaks you.. he has decent power nothing special..

I heard they plastered his head pre Cotto fight too actually hence why he kept walking through Cottos bombs before forcing the knees

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
      He dropped him in the first round.

Plus you have to remember that Tony's power will probably suffer a bit going up to 54'.

His power was accentuated at 47' cuz' he's a big WW.

Plus it looked to me like he wanted to get rounds in and box, not knock this guy out.

He was just having fun w/ him.
      this right here...plus he needed the rounds...he has been of for more then a year

Comment

Originally posted by Disposable Arts View Post

At least I didn't say he cheated in the Williams fight like Burner.

I don't believe those weight excuses for Margs performance against Mosley, he got his hammer fists taken away from him.
        I would expect this kind of horsehonkey from "soldier warrior" but not you... not you.

But since we're on the subject of hammerfists, how do you explain the Cintron fights where the plaster would've still been soft, or Clottey and Williams going all 12 w/ him?

There's too much inconsistencies in these arguments.

I honestly don't see how anyone could look at that smile of his and think he's got a cheating bone in his body.

I'm an excellent judge of character btw...

Comment

Originally posted by nozorok View Post
          There are many points to consider:

1) Garcia is really tough and has a good chin having never been stopped.
          2) Garcia came in on fight night weighing 170lbs far heavier than Tony
          3) Garcia was on a 14 fight winning streak so his confidence was flawless
          4) Margarito is not a one punch KO artist even when he was at 147.
          5) Margarito was coming off a 16 month layoff and was previously KOed badly so his confidence is not at the top plus add the ring rust issues
          6) Margarito's corner wanted him to get in rounds because of the long 16 month layoff. Had he TKOed Garcia in 1-2 rounds that would not help him if he has to face Pacquiao next.
          7) Garcia despite being slow of hand and feet can really punch hard and can take a lot of punishment so why take stupid risks just to stop him when his first fight back is a confidence builder and to shake off the ring rust?
          See I don't know about all of that because its against sub par opposition.

His career highlight before this fight is a NC against prospect Freddy Hernandez.

You can see how I am more inclined to be swayed towards my view and how the thought crossed my mind after this fight right?

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            yeah...plus look at that gauze in margs wraps in copy cat-jack's sig....very different from his former cast looking wraps......

and yes margarito has looked inconsistent with his power....look at the clottey fight......marg looked featherfisted....and his former stablemate jesus soto karass also used to be inconsistent with his power, one moment he was easily koing a tough david estrada, next time he was looking feather fisted against chinny carson jones
            you do realize the only fighters he hadn't KO'd as a welterweight since 1999 are

Joshua Clottey- who had never been dropped or hurt when he faced Tony
            Paul Williams- same
            Danny Perez- who has never been stopped

do some fact checking first please

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
              I would expect this kind of horsehonkey from "soldier warrior" but not you... not you.

But since we're on the subject of hammerfists, how do you explain the Cintron fights where the plaster would've still been soft, or Clottey and Williams going all 12 w/ him?

There's too much inconsistencies in these arguments.

I honestly don't see how anyone could look at that smile of his and think he's got a cheating bone in his body.

I'm an excellent judge of character btw...

Like I said before, I think.. just a thought that crosses my mind after seeing the beating Cotto took and the Mosley fight. Truth is, we'll never really know.

He didn't cheat in other fights IMO, I just think he needed that extra edge against Cotto. My humble opinion, of course.

But then again I look at your GIF and think how could such a babyface be so sneaky, I think Capetillo could've done it without his knowledge.

Comment

Working...
              X