No announcement yet.

The Past vs the Present - different arguments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
    Apparently your time is now and NOT the '60s, as you've clearly selected today's era as your choice to nuthug.
    When have I said, that the present era is the best ever - and who am I nuthugging?

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
      When have I said, that the present era is the best ever - and who am I nuthugging?
      You're nuthugging the entire era.

Comment

You're nuthugging the entire era.
        I am? Wow, I didn't even know that... but I suppose you're gonna tell me, why you think so. Could it be because I've expressed an opinion like this:

"I believe, I've already said this several times before... but I tend to think of boxing "before" and "after" Joe Louis! When he came along in the late 30s, we saw, imo, the first truly modern heavyweight! He had it all... and when we move into the early 40s, SRR and Pep were showing their amazing stuff. I don't really see any significant improvement in boxing technique since then."

Yeah, some major nuthugging going on there!

Comment

I am? Wow, I didn't even know that... but I suppose you're gonna tell me, why you think so. Could it be because I've expressed an opinion like this:

"I believe, I've already said this several times before... but I tend to think of boxing "before" and "after" Joe Louis! When he came along in the late 30s, we saw, imo, the first truly modern heavyweight! He had it all... and when we move into the early 40s, SRR and Pep were showing their amazing stuff. I don't really see any significant improvement in boxing technique since then."

Yeah, some major nuthugging going on there!
          Anyone who claims an era is significantly better than all the others is nuthugging the era. I despise era bias: If you can't handle that, tough. Deal.

Comment

Anyone who claims an era is significantly better than all the others is nuthugging the era. I despise era bias: If you can't handle that, tough. Deal.
            So where have I said, that this era is significantly better than all others?

Comment

So where have I said, that this era is significantly better than all others?
              You've implied it in practically every post in this and the parallel thread.

Comment

You've implied it in practically every post in this and the parallel thread.
                Ok... so tell me where in this thread I have IMPLIED, that this era is significantly better than all other eras.

Comment

Ok... so tell me where in this thread I have IMPLIED, that this era is significantly better than all other eras.
                  Reread your post history:
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=672200

Comment

I don't need to read my post history - I know, what I have said.

It is YOU, who claim, that in practically every post in this and the parallel thread, I'm implying that the present is significantly better than any other era. So I'm asking you: Where in this thread have I said something that makes you think that? Can you not answer a simple question like that?

Comment

What, one is not allowed to have an opinion that one era is superior to another era, for that would be taken as era bias, which StarshipTrooper hates? His small load of points hates this.

All eras are the same now? I would like to know if ST feels the same 'hatred' in his gut when someone favors the contemporary era. Doubtful.

I favor older eras. He hate me.

Comment

Working...
                      X