Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Kell Brook whoops Earl Spence, Jr., he has earnt the right to chase big fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Kell Brook whoops Earl Spence, Jr., he has earnt the right to chase big fights.

I just seen an interview with Spence, Jr. claiming that Kell was looking to fight anyone but him. "He's so scared of me, he tried to fight Danny Garcia or Keith Thurman, then Manny Pacquiao and then Amir Khan. In the end he had no choice but to fight me." Is this guy for real? Brook stepped up two divisions against the best in the sport when nobody else would. But he's apparently scared of some hyped up patsy from his own weight class?

The truth of the matter is that Amir Khan agreed that if Kell took a big fight against a top fighter then Khan would take Brook on soon thereafter, guarenteed. Once the GGG fight was made Khan quickly backtracked and said, "Well, I didn't say definately... just maybe..." Kell went through that Golovkin fight and although he got injured he gave a very good account of himself. Of course Amir does not want to get into the ring with Kell now, that hasn't changed. He led them all a merry dance.

That doesn't change the fact that in his last outing Kell Brook put it all on the line and gave a great account of himself. Brook is ready for the big fights against the biggest names out there. Fighting Earl Spence, Jr. is like going back to singing kareoke after winning the X Factor (I don't watch that shid, btw). Kell is ready for the grandest stage against the biggest names.

When this fight happens and Kell Brook dominates Earl Spence, Jr. before brutally stopping him, don't be surprised. Thereafter Kell has earned the right to chase the big fights and go after the real cherry pickers of the sport. No more of this, fat Yanks pulling names out of your ass and accusing top fighters from other countries of ducking this guy or that guy.

I have more respect now than I ever did for Kell Brook. People were so desperate for him to vacate the belt so they could bury him under a load of vitriol. Everything was set for Spence, Jr. to be proclaimed as the most avoided fighter, whilst picking up an alphabet strap against some other C-level palooka.

However, you chose the wrong guy to fcuk with. Kell Brook is going to show you how a true champion handles his business. Everyone backing Earl Spence, Jr. and trying to dirty Kell's name is about to be served with a dose of reality. I just hope you're happy with setting your boy up for a massive fall. May 20th, "And still..." Soon thereafter don't be surprised if Kell vacates the belt. And it won't be to avoid anybody. He has earnt the right to go after the big fights.

No he hasn't, I'm a Brook fan but you have to be a legend to deserve to chase big money fights, guys like Pacquaio, Mayweather, and Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
      I just seen an interview with Spence, Jr. claiming that Kell was looking to fight anyone but him. "He's so scared of me, he tried to fight Danny Garcia or Keith Thurman, then Manny Pacquiao and then Amir Khan. In the end he had no choice but to fight me." Is this guy for real? Brook stepped up two divisions against the best in the sport when nobody else would. But he's apparently scared of some hyped up patsy from his own weight class?

The truth of the matter is that Amir Khan agreed that if Kell took a big fight against a top fighter then Khan would take Brook on soon thereafter, guarenteed. Once the GGG fight was made Khan quickly backtracked and said, "Well, I didn't say definately... just maybe..." Kell went through that Golovkin fight and although he got injured he gave a very good account of himself. Of course Amir does not want to get into the ring with Kell now, that hasn't changed. He led them all a merry dance.

That doesn't change the fact that in his last outing Kell Brook put it all on the line and gave a great account of himself. Brook is ready for the big fights against the biggest names out there. Fighting Earl Spence, Jr. is like going back to singing kareoke after winning the X Factor (I don't watch that shid, btw). Kell is ready for the grandest stage against the biggest names.

When this fight happens and Kell Brook dominates Earl Spence, Jr. before brutally stopping him, don't be surprised. Thereafter Kell has earned the right to chase the big fights and go after the real cherry pickers of the sport. No more of this, fat Yanks pulling names out of your ass and accusing top fighters from other countries of ducking this guy or that guy.

I have more respect now than I ever did for Kell Brook. People were so desperate for him to vacate the belt so they could bury him under a load of vitriol. Everything was set for Spence, Jr. to be proclaimed as the most avoided fighter, whilst picking up an alphabet strap against some other C-level palooka.

However, you chose the wrong guy to fcuk with. Kell Brook is going to show you how a true champion handles his business. Everyone backing Earl Spence, Jr. and trying to dirty Kell's name is about to be served with a dose of reality. I just hope you're happy with setting your boy up for a massive fall. May 20th, "And still..." Soon thereafter don't be surprised if Kell vacates the belt. And it won't be to avoid anybody. He has earnt the right to go after the big fights.
      Brook has "the right" to chase big fights right now IMO!

He is an undefeated welterweight champion and can/should look for the biggest, best paid fights. However, in order to retain his title he also has to fight his mandatories - or give up the title.

So he is doing what he has to do; no more, no less.

Comment

He really needs to do more to earn the bigger fight at 147, for example he wanted more money and home advantage to fight Vargas when his resume is thin, he was meant to be in the class of Bradley, Alexander (3 times they had a fight scheduled), JMM, Pac , Mayweather by now but the Garcia, Thurman have even overtaken him. So if he really wants to be the man at 147 and fight the winners like Thurman/Garcia he would need to lower his money demands and be prepared to travel out of Sheffield. You cannot just anoint someone as the man at a division without a resume to prove it.

Comment

Brook should focus on unifying the division.. I doubt Pac vs Brook happens & Bradley is looking for retirement, so the only good fights for him at WW is THurman, Garcia, Spence & just for money's sake Khan..

Comment

Of course he does... then he had to fight another mandatory after that fight

Comment

What big fights? Floyd is gone, Pacquiao will be gone soon. Thurman, Khan, Garcia? This are normal fights for Brook.

Comment

Spence shouldn't talk like that. He got the fight he wanted so now he just needs to shut up, train hard, and be happy he has this opportunity to become a world champion. I think Spence will put a beating on Brook. Brook is a good fighter but I think Spence is a better fighter in just about every way. I think Spence can beat any welterweight in the world right now. I'll be betting money on Spence to beat Brook. Brook can try fighting at 154 which apparently is a more natural weight for him. If Brook wins he will probably go to 154. He says making 147 is extremely difficult.

Comment

Working...
                X