Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Martin negotiating with Joshua tor April 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles martin isn't beating josh. Only the big Boyds wilder, wlad, fury are beating josh.
    Be careful what you wish for

Comment

They're both at about the same level. I think josh is much better but it's a perfect matchup for where they are in their careers. Amazing that it would be for a belt lol

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        They're both at about the same level. I think josh is much better but it's a perfect matchup for where they are in their careers. Amazing that it would be for a belt lol
        I honestly can't think of any contenders that I favor martin in

Comment

Thats a fight joshua can win IMO. and pick up a belt

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Do you think Hearn will make the fight ? It's too soon?
            I think some of AJ's biggest fanboys will be saying its too soon but for me I'm a believer in tossing them in at the deep end, you either have it or you don't.
            AJ is ready he's had all the fights, he's done all the training to be a 12rd fighter IF someone could take him that many rounds, I definitely don't think its too soon.

Quicker they get him out there and gain a world title the better, Martins will see this as a proving fight that he is a legitimate world champion so it has its risks but all fights have them.

Boxing could do with taking away the molly coddling of its athletes, yes prep your fighters up but ALWAYS test them, throwing them in with cans for 70-80% of their career is no way to make them better-experienced fighters.
            Last edited by M Bison; 02-05-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Why wouldn't Joshua want this?

Wasn't Eddie raring to go at the IBF?
              You bypass elim and get a straight title shot

Comment

Joshua should go for it, he's well capable of beating Martin and looking at their ranking (IBF), there aren't any threats in there

Champion: Charles Martin

1 NOT RATED
                2 NOT RATED
                3 Erkan Teper
                4 Anthony Joshua
                5 Carlos Takam
                6 Joshua Parker
                7 Vyacheslav Glazkov
                8 Steve Cunningham
                9 Andy Ruiz Mexico
                10 Bermane Stiverne
                11 Kubrat Pulev
                12 Robert Helenius
                13 Derek Chisora
                14 Alexander Ustinov
                15 Dominic Breazeale

Comment

Whilst he had the most easy and pathetic run to a HW title ever this kid deserves respect at least he gunning for the biggest and best fights out there and not looking to take on a load of soft touches and no-hopers unlike a lot of 'champions' of today.

He has caught a lot of flack from the fans and media but I don't see a queue of fighters looking to get in there with him for what would supposedly be a nice pay day and a world title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Why wouldn't Joshua want this?

Wasn't Eddie raring to go at the IBF?
                    You bypass elim and get a straight title shot
                    True,especally if you have to go through takam or parker to get mandatory challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
                      True,especally if you have to go through takam or parker to get mandatory challenger.
                      Just saw that Martin was asking for too much money. I guess they go with the elim....after April

Comment

Working...
                      X