No announcement yet.

Luis Nery vs Joshua Franco Possible for Pacquiao vs Thurman UC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis Nery vs Joshua Franco Possible for Pacquiao vs Thurman UC

Definitely didn't expect this. Franco is a GBP fighter, but Robert or Mikey probably got him on this card.

Nery via 4th-6th round stoppage. Different type of beast.

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Definitely didn't expect this. Franco is a GBP fighter, but Robert or Mikey probably got him on this card.

Nery via 4th-6th round stoppage. Different type of beast.
    wasn't Robert or Mikey. Fights get made when Haymon’s guys have a promoter.

Zanfer and gbp negotiate this. It’s when a pbc guy doesn’t have another manager or promoter when u won’t see these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      wasn't Robert or Mikey. Fights get made when Haymon’s guys have a promoter.

Zanfer and gbp negotiate this. It’s when a pbc guy doesn’t have another manager or promoter when u won’t see these fights.
      Robert or Mikey definitely must have put a word out to get Franco on this card though. Franco isn't one of the top opponents they would have been after. They couldn't get Oubaali and apparently weren't having much luck securing other fighters either.

Oh well, hate to see a youngster like Franco take this type of beating, but at least he will either be on the PPV card or on the FOX portion of the card. If he impresses and loses? No worries at all. Just better not get sparked out of there in a few rounds.

Comment

Time for Franco to get KTFO. Thought he was with Goldenboy too. Imo he lost that rematch vs Negrete

Comment

Robert or Mikey definitely must have put a word out to get Franco on this card though. Franco isn't one of the top opponents they would have been after. They couldn't get Oubaali and apparently weren't having much luck securing other fighters either.

Oh well, hate to see a youngster like Franco take this type of beating, but at least he will either be on the PPV card or on the FOX portion of the card. If he impresses and loses? No worries at all. Just better not get sparked out of there in a few rounds.
          Copp already erased the tweet. Saying he was never considered. It wouldn’t be Robert putting in the good word lol. He signs all his guys to gbp and top rank.

And zanfer and gbp could negotiate directly. Gbp would never speak to Haymon. Just like they didn’t have to get Chávez or khan.

Comment

Copp already erased the tweet. Saying he was never considered. It wouldn’t be Robert putting in the good word lol. He signs all his guys to gbp and top rank.

And zanfer and gbp could negotiate directly. Gbp would never speak to Haymon. Just like they didn’t have to get Chávez or khan.
            Robert has definitely put word in the past to get his guys on PBC cards. He started to put Franco's young brother who is an absolute beast on some UCs.

And here is that tweet:

Now THIS makes a lot more sense. Give me Warren over Payano.

Comment

Robert has definitely put word in the past to get his guys on PBC cards. He started to put Franco's young brother who is an absolute beast on some UCs.

And here is that tweet:

Now THIS makes a lot more sense. Give me Warren over Payano.
              thats what I said. Franco isn’t being considered lol. M

I’ve seen interviews where Robert says he always takes guys to top rank first then then gbp. Pbc is after the other two passed the fighters over. He said Top Rank is the the best at developing fighters in the game on several occasions.

Comment

thats what I said. Franco isn’t being considered lol. M

I’ve seen interviews where Robert says he always takes guys to top rank first then then gbp. Pbc is after the other two passed the fighters over. He said Top Rank is the the best at developing fighters in the game on several occasions.
                Your last paragraph is COMPLETELY irrelevant to what I said. Not even sure what the point was.

I didn't say he doesn't take his youngsters to TR or GBP. I was saying for Franco to be the supposed rumored opponent as Copp originally tweeted, Robert or Mikey must have put a word in for him. Doesn't really make sense to even have Franco as an opponent since there are other better options. Nery is having a hard time locking an opponent up, but I don't see why Warren would turn down the fight. He's always game.

And I mentioned how Robert has gotten Franco's younger brother Jessie Rodriguez on some PBC cards...That is true. He has also gotten some other lesser names on PBC cards, think he did for the Spence/Garcia card in Dallas.

Comment

Your last paragraph is COMPLETELY irrelevant to what I said. Not even sure what the point was.

I didn't say he doesn't take his youngsters to TR or GBP. I was saying for Franco to be the supposed rumored opponent as Copp originally tweeted, Robert or Mikey must have put a word in for him. Doesn't really make sense to even have Franco as an opponent since there are other better options. Nery is having a hard time locking an opponent up, but I don't see why Warren would turn down the fight. He's always game.

And I mentioned how Robert has gotten Franco's younger brother Jessie Rodriguez on some PBC cards...That is true. He has also gotten some other lesser names on PBC cards, think he did for the Spence/Garcia card in Dallas.
                  my last paragraph U mean is completely relevant. When u are getting basically guys that no one else wanted why would pbc do favors for Robert when it’s not a two way street.

Pbc put on guys that were signed to Mikey’s promotional company. Not guys Robert manages and not affiliated with mikey

Comment

my last paragraph U mean is completely relevant. When u are getting basically guys that no one else wanted why would pbc do favors for Robert when it’s not a two way street.

Pbc put on guys that were signed to Mikey’s promotional company. Not guys Robert manages and not affiliated with mikey
                    No, it's completely irrelevant. It is a fact that Robert has gotten his fighters on some undercards of PBC cards. This has nothing to do with who he prefers to sign with. I said when Franco was the rumored opponent, Robert or Mikey must have put a word for him to get on the card. Why? Because it's not like Franco is a solid name or even that highly ranked. Other opponents like Warren and Payano ranked higher than him and they are make able fights. And now it seems like that will be the case with those being the two top options.

Comment

Working...
                    X