Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm calling it, Michael Hunter will replace Miller and fight AJ on June 1st.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
    I've seen this fella "Jermaine Franklin" mentioned. No real idea who he is though.
    He just fought this past weekend . Young , Fat American HW with an ok workrate . Was getting tagged waaay too much by an Old guy with decent skills .
    In No way is he ready for Any of the Elite guys .
    Last edited by Idunnoshet; 04-17-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Hunter has a better shot at beating Joshua, or at least making a good fight of it, than Miller had. I hope it is Hunter.

Comment

That's gonna be an absolute stinker.

If I was Hearn I would try my hardest to get Ortiz, Whyte, or Kownacki.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          I've seen this fella "Jermaine Franklin" mentioned. No real idea who he is though.
          Please no. Franklin is a bum with man tiits. Fuk him

Comment

Hunter is way more interesting than Miller. I hope that happens.

Comment

Connor McGregor, MMA rules, let's get it on

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                Please no. Franklin is a bum with man tiits. Fuk him
                Is he breazale cousin?

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  Hunter is clearly the most likely option for a number of reasons.

#1. He's signed with Matchroom.

#2. He's already in camp training for a fight.

#3. He's American and I know DAZN were pushing for AJ to face an American fighter in his US debut.

#4. He's credible enough as an opponent that there wouldn't be a huge fan backlash like there would be if AJ fought Charr.

Ortiz would be the best option but i'm not sure that Hearn would be able to make a deal with Haymon to bring him to DAZN or if Ortiz would take the fight on short notice.
                  Agree. Ortiz (1st choice) or Kowanacki might pass it up. Hunter won't.

Comment

I never even heard of Hunter and have to research him to know who he is and what he has done. I doubt he replaces Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      Dude, Haymon just stopped Wilder from getting his highest career purse.
                      Nothing was preventing Wilder from signing that deal. Could Haymon have told him not to take it? Sure, but if Wilder badly wanted to sign it then he could have.

And the contracts are written different for different fighters. If you think Haymon could just prevent Ortiz from taking the deal, then why didn't he do so with Jacobs/Vargas/etc? Then none of his signed fighters would ever fight on other networks.

If Haymon wants to save Ortiz for Wilder later this year then sure, I could see him telling him not to take the deal since he will match whatever offer Hearn gives for the Wilder rematch. But he's not going to be able to force him to pass on that offer because he doesn't want Ortiz on DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                      X