AMAZING 2nd Amendment speech by Green Beret combat vet causes Democrat walkout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Thats old ain't it.

But he lost me early on with all the boring D vs R nonsense. CA one of the states who've taken more gun control measures, and from the sounds of it post-election will be making more of them, has seen a drop of 50%ish on gun violence.

Its beyond ******ed to me ANYONE thinks allowing less guns in peoples hands won't reduce the amount of gun deaths. Thats just math sh^t. Can't argue too hard against f#cking math unless you flunked 3rd grade level math. Don't even need algebra for this math problem. Less ******s or crazy mfers having guns = less dead people.
    Why do gun deaths matter specifically? Murder is murder. And murder rates in California have remained roughly the same for nearly a decade, with tougher gun laws. So tougher gun laws have just shifted the way people murder each other. Do we get a participation award for that? If we just want to talk straight numbers, the lowest murder rates on record for California came in the early 60s when you could literally walk into a hardware store, buy a gun, and walk out in five minutes.

California crime statistics

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      So you don't want to give a real answer. I wonder why that is
      I have given solutions many times before in discussions with you. for you to pretend you have neither seen them or are unaware is ridiculous.

Besides, you made it clear You don't want gun control and You don't think mass shootings are an issue. I am not going to convince you the issue is worth addressing all of the sudden.

Comment

Ben Shapiro once talked about a law that targeted gun crime, not ownership and had harsh penalties. First offense was 5 or so years. Next offense was much greater and so on. Gun crime dropped drastically in the state it was used in but voted down because it "targeted minorities". There are laws that are win win, we just need people who aren't shortsighted to implement them.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
          Ok, I'm just curious here. Lets say we do the Australia route, guns are illegal, hand them in. Law abiding citizens are now unarmed. For your theory, lets even say it completely stops mass shootings. Do you think the majority types of gun crime in general will go up or down where it's already prevelant now that the public is unarmed vs armed criminals? We're not talking australia level gun activity with criminals here.... is it worth stopping the one to kill the hundred as a result?
          I don't know. I don't look at this from a statistical point of view but a rational one. By doing nothing, we will continue to see mass shootings. In other countries, they addressed the issue and the statistics show a reduction in events like we are discussing.

Maybe the same happens here. I just am tired of reading about some angry ******* murdering dozens of people.

If they must murder, murder the families and friends of other pro gun people. Maybe then they will change their position.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            Why do gun deaths matter specifically? Murder is murder. And murder rates in California have remained roughly the same for nearly a decade, with tougher gun laws. So tougher gun laws have just shifted the way people murder each other. Do we get a participation award for that? If we just want to talk straight numbers, the lowest murder rates on record for California came in the early 60s when you could literally walk into a hardware store, buy a gun, and walk out in five minutes.

And there's this. Set on killing a large group of people but can't get a gun? Rent a uhaul. Chain some doors and burn a building down. Killers will kill.

Comment

You know we have more guns now than ever right? Murder rates are trending down. 33 year low. Man the media can make things feel different huh?
              Gun violence has been becoming more of an issue over the last couple decades too & people are doing more n more sh^t to correct the holes with the laws. There is still more to do doe.

Its not guns thats the problem its people who are able to get guns thats the problem like I clearly stated.

You can have 20x the guns out there now as long as 5x less people who shouldn't have them don't & gun violence will continue to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I don't know. I don't look at this from a statistical point of view but a rational one. By doing nothing, we will continue to see mass shootings. In other countries, they addressed the issue and the statistics show a reduction in events like we are discussing.

Maybe the same happens here. I just am tired of reading about some angry ******* murdering dozens of people.

If they must murder, murder the families and friends of other pro gun people. Maybe then they will change their position.

I respectfully think it would have the opposite effect you think it would. Gun lovers would carry more, be able to stop shootings way before an unarmed public would be able to, and if thats the only place mass shooters could target pretty soon you'd see a big drop in them as well when they saw it's as good as futile trying to attack an armed populace.

Laws should go after criminal activity, not a persons ability to protect himself from said criminals.
                Last edited by TripleJ; 11-19-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I have given solutions many times before in discussions with you. for you to pretend you have neither seen them or are unaware is ridiculous.

Besides, you made it clear You don't want gun control and You don't think mass shootings are an issue. I am not going to convince you the issue is worth addressing all of the sudden.
                  Solutions like what like gun confiscation that's never going to happen I don't know why you can't seem to understand that. By the way pro-gun people do die in mass shootings so I don't know what you're talking about.

Just keep listening to the media.

Australia also has a different culture than the US go to New York talk to people on the street go to California and talk to people on the street they have a chip on the shoulder it's not the same as other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post

For me cuz of the potential of guns you need more sh^t in place. There isn't anything the average person can purchase with fewer hoops to jump thru that can kill someone easily or kill multiple people easier than a gun. Thats why I feel like guns need to be a harder thing to get & to keep if you are being reckless with them.

If people are still finding ways to kill people then thats a whole other issue. Personally I got few problems with criminals killing other criminals which is probably a big part of those killing mfers I'd bet. Thats a problem to solve at some future date. Today I'd just like to see less innocent people be killed by guns which I believe making a gun harder to get & keep would help along with other sh^t.

Comment

Solutions like what like gun confiscation that's never going to happen I don't know why you can't seem to understand that. By the way pro-gun people do die in mass shootings so I don't know what you're talking about.

Just keep listening to the media.

Australia also has a different culture than the US go to New York talk to people on the street go to California and talk to people on the street they have a chip on the shoulder it's not the same as other countries.
                      At no point have I ever suggested confiscation would work.

I never posted or suggested they didn't. I want ONLY pro gun people and their families to die in mass shootings.

Has nothing to do with listening to the media.

Yes, the gun culture in the USA is the problem. We need to address that IMO. IYO, we don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X