Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did Terrence crawford beat to be p4p number 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did Terrence crawford beat to be p4p number 1?

Was it gamboa who was 5 inches shorter in height and 10 inches less in reach and moving up in weight and got koed by a journeyman or was it indongo or postol? I'm curious. Anyone know?

Let me get my popcorn.

Comment

Crawford isn't a bad answer for p4p IMO. He's clearly a truly special fighter on his way to greatness. He's a complete fighter. Can fight inside, outside, from the right or left and has good physical tools. For what I judge p4p on (if all were equal size who's the best i.e eye test not necessarily 100% resume) I can't be mad any anyone having him or Loma as #1. These are the two fighters that stand out from the resat.

There's a a double standard though and I think that's what you are pointing to. I see a lot of folks saying Lomachenko has to beat Garcia and then move up to beat Crawford or Spence to be #1 but when pressed who their p4p is they will often say Crawford as though he doesn't have to meet such a challenge. That despite the fact Loma does have the better resume and I'd say at least three wins better than Bud's signature win to date.

These are my two favorite active fighters (have been since JMM stopped fighting), I have followed them for years and I have no personal favorite between either. I am a huge fan of both.

Comment

He inherited it. Hes been lineal in 2 divisions. Yeah, since he cleaned out 140, his resume has been trashed, to say the least, lol. But P4P aint only resume, go look at Boxrecs P4P if you only judge it by resume. Eye test is also in P4P, they all the same weight Crawford and Lomachenko beat Golovkin, Lomachecko beating Linares takes his resume past Crawfords, Lomachenko P4P #1. Crawford beats Thurman/Spence you re-evaluate, same Garcia/Lomachenko.

Comment

Undisputed baby

Comment

Yeah the eye test. When GGG fought the top guys at MW he looked very human. When Crawford beat the top guys at 140 he looked on a completely different level.

Comment

He was the only unified champ and beat two undefeated champions to do it. But I would like to see him beat another p4p fighter to stay there.

Comment

It's one thing if he was just beating these types of fighters, but he's slaughtering them. Gamboa was still a somewhat hard out back when Crawford fought him, a more talented fighter than Crawford. That was a good win. He went on the road to beat Ricky Burns's ass in Burns's backyard. He humiliated Postol, who people were accusing him of ducking. He smacked the **** out of Beltran back when Beltran arguably got robbed and should have been a champion.

He's not just winning, he's winning impressively and doing so against top ranked fighters and champions. The combination of who he is beating and how is easily enough to discuss him as the best fighter in the world right now.

Comment

anyone saying loma has to beat mikey then move up and beat crawford or spence to be p4p #1 is beyond help....

Comment

To reasonable fans, I think you can make a case for Crawford or Loma. Let’s not forget that Crawford has moved up and cleaned out the division he moved into. But Loma should be elevated after Saturday night.

For those like the TS who has some racial issues and an agenda, Put him in with Loma so they can decide it in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X