Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Hypocrisy in boxing? Some Fighters get the coverage of the "veteran tactis"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Hypocrisy in boxing? Some Fighters get the coverage of the "veteran tactis"

Why the Hypocrisy in boxing? Some Fighters get the coverage of the "veteran tactics" label when they fight dirty and others just get labeled a dirty fighter.

Fighters who fight dirty for instance and instead of getting called dirty and just get labeled "veteran tactics" (which downplays the act) are fighters like Mayweather, Hopkins and Ward amongst others.

Last night when Chaves clearly DDT (head lock and slams rios into the canvas) and Andre Ward praises Chaves and called it a clear Veteran Tactic LOL WTF hell no that was a clear foul!

Another Example was In the Mayweather fight against Maidana he trys to stop maidana from being able to breath by covering his mouth and nose and Paulie says its was a Clear Veteran Tactic LOL WTF hell no that was a clear foul!

Meanwhile other fights who are less skilled does something similar and they get labled as a dirty fighter when they perform the same fouls. Why the hypocrisy in boxing not just with the fans but this is a problem at the core of the sport as we have Commentators and other high profile figures in boxing using this term "Veteran Tactic" to write off and play down certain fighters clear fouls and dirty ways.

You want some cheese to go with that wine?

Comment

Tru dat dawg!

Hopkins low blows dudes when the ref isn't looking, oh dats craftee.

Mayweather with his constant use of elbows, oh dats craftee.

Ward goes in like a pachycephalosaurus, oh dats craftee.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        You want some cheese to go with that wine?
        I do like cheese but hate whine, but why are you just talking irrelevants instead of the subject matter?

Comment

The same people who were complaining about Mayweather's use of forearms are the same ones who applauded Maidana for his rabbit punching, low blows and holding while hitting. I didn't like either fighters' tactics but the referee pretty much allowed a Steel Cage Texas Deathmatch in there so you can't complain much.

There will always be hypocrisy with fans and its certainly not limited to dirty fighting.
          Last edited by Derranged; 08-03-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            The same people who were complaining about Mayweather's use of forearms are the same ones who applauded Maidana for his rabbit punching, low blows and holding while hitting. I didn't like either fighters' tactics but the referee pretty much allowed a Steel Cage Texas Deathmatch in there so you can't complain much.

There will always be hypocrisy with fans and its certainly not limited to dirty fighting.
            True but Madiana doesnt get the coverage of the safety word "verteran tactics" like mayweather does.

Dirty is dirty 100% the way the press,commentators and fans try to dress it up varys from fighter to fighter and that what is extremely wrong IMO.

You cant have the commentators of the fight calling a dirty move a veteran tactics and praising him for it (like ward did with chaves) its just isnt right plain and simple becuase it was a foul and should be scrutinize and scolded as a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
              Why the Hypocrisy in boxing? Some Fighters get the coverage of the "veteran tactics" label when they fight dirty and others just get labeled a dirty fighter.

Fighters who fight dirty for instance and instead of getting called dirty and just get labeled "veteran tactics" (which downplays the act) are fighters like Mayweather, Hopkins and Ward amongst others.

Last night when Chaves clearly DDT (head lock and slams rios into the canvas) and Andre Ward praises Chaves and called it a clear Veteran Tactic LOL WTF hell no that was a clear foul!

Another Example was In the Mayweather fight against Maidana he trys to stop maidana from being able to breath by covering his mouth and nose and Paulie says its was a Clear Veteran Tactic LOL WTF hell no that was a clear foul!

Meanwhile other fights who are less skilled does something similar and they get labled as a dirty fighter when they perform the same fouls. Why the hypocrisy in boxing not just with the fans but this is a problem at the core of the sport as we have Commentators and other high profile figures in boxing using this term "Veteran Tactic" to write off and play down certain fighters clear fouls and dirty ways.
              Good post bro, I notice this happen all the time and it really bothers me. The commentators influence people's opinion's so much because so many people watch and don't understand what they are watching so they relly on someone telling them what's going on and most of the time what they are told is false or misleading.

A lot of dirty fighters aren't being recognized as dirty fighters now days and are being accepted as "crafty" in large part due to the dirty commentating that we get.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
                Good post bro, I notice this happen all the time and it really bothers me. The commentators influence people's opinion's so much because so many people watch and don't understand what they are watching so they relly on someone telling them what's going on and most of the time what they are told is false or misleading.

A lot of dirty fighters aren't being recognized as dirty fighters now days and are being accepted as "crafty" in large part due to the dirty commentating that we get.
                I agree with you 100%

If the commentators didnt use slicks words to disguise fouls and other atrocities maybe boxing wouldent be such a cesspool of agenda having bias fans.

Comment

True but Madiana doesnt get the coverage of the safety word "verteran tactics" like mayweather does.

Dirty is dirty 100% the way the press,commentators and fans try to dress it up varys from fighter to fighter and that what is extremely wrong IMO.

You cant have the commentators of the fight calling a dirty move a veteran tactics and praising him for it (like ward did with chaves) its just isnt right plain and simple becuase it was a foul and should be scrutinize and scolded as a foul.
                  Hopkins gets the veteran tactic pass more than anyone, despite him being dirtier than Mayweather and Ward combined.

Comment

I do like cheese but hate whine, but why are you just talking irrelevants instead of the subject matter?
                    Seriously people ***** and complain about every damn thing. I wonder if you guys truly hate boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X