Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo wins, what's next for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely retirement, that would be my guess considering the money he's about to make.

Comment

no shame in losing to canelo, mw is stacked and ggg can defeat any of the other top guys, he can bounce back if he decides to stay in boxing or else he can retire with lots of money in his pocket...

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        ...many people will write him off and say he's finished at the highest level. Do you think he'll bounce back?

A third fight against Canelo? Will he focus on Charlo, Saunders..etc. I wonder if the motivation will still be there.
        F it fight Martinez

Comment

He fights Ryota Murata of course......

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            no shame in losing to canelo, mw is stacked and ggg can defeat any of the other top guys, he can bounce back if he decides to stay in boxing or else he can retire with lots of money in his pocket...
            Truth.
            Canelo was always a very skilled fighter. His reputation took a major hit from PED scandal, but it doesn't take away from his skill set.

Comment

I would expect he would go to super middleweight and fight AA and Degale. If he made it thru that...maybe a catchweight versus the Krusher.

Comment

Win or lose I can see a fight in Japan vs Murata happening. Probably too much money involved to say no. Then the winner of Andrade-Saunders makes sense.

Then I'm guessing the winner of the 168 tournament or Zurdo and call it a career.

Doubtful we ever see him vs Charlo or Jacob's again.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                  The most preposterous outcome here is a clean Canelo KO'ing GGG. Sometimes it's good for the preposterous things to happen. The problem we have is Canelo will then avoid Danny Jacobs and Billy Joe Saunders, the other two top Middleweights out there. Also won't be interested in going near Jermall Charlo. Expect to see Canelo vs. Sergio Martinez, Canelo vs. Pacquiao, etc.
                  You must know nothing about the great Canelo Alvarez! He has never avoided one fighter! But also understand he’s the Aside so if these guys really want a fight they shouldn’t expect more than they are worth!

Comment

Was thinking the same about Canelo. If he loses, its gonna look like hes whole career was a drug assisted lie. Hes got much more to lose imo.

Comment

Team GEE packs up & moves to 168lbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X