Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this not the exact same shot Ward hit Kovalev with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    there were a few differences

ward knocked kovalev down 0 times
    alvarez knocked kovalev down 3 times

kovalev recovered his legs and was moving around after ward hurt him
    kovalev had no legs and just stood there against alvarez

kovalev was able to defend and slip most of wards shots after about 15 seconds of ward hitting him but being unable to close the show
    kovalev just stood there with his gloves up unable to do anything against alvarez

kovalev was nearly unconscious against alvarez
    kovalev's balls exploded against ward

but on paper its all the same!

Other than that, both were right hands...

Comment

Temple shot vs chin shot, Kov has a very good chin but recovery from a temple shot takes some time and Alvarez didn’t give him any

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        No wards was straighter iircc. This was more of a looping punch. He was trying to time it earlier in the round too so it wasn’t no lucky punch
        Looping? You need to get some glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          Temple shot vs chin shot, Kov has a very good chin but recovery from a temple shot takes some time and Alvarez didn’t give him any
          I think that although the first knockdown was bad, Sergey was not out of it, and had he gone into survival mode instead of keeping on fighting and trading shots, he might have survived the round and the fight might have had a very different outcome. But he did not, and the second knockdown was really the one that finished it.

Comment

yea. its the same. except more power from a way bigger man.. and a temple shot.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Looping? You need to get some glasses.

I literally just had to get some.

I rewatched it and you’re correct. However Alvarez was trying to catch him with a looping right earlier that round. Maybe it was the way the punch bounced off his shoulder and hit him high on the head that made it look weird (not straight) to me. Idk.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Damn.... didn’t even watch it, though Kovalev would win with ease.

Comment

Not exactly the same but similar enough. Both punches land because Kovalev fails to keep his lead hand up, and both times he pays for it dearly.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post

I literally just had to get some.

I rewatched it and you’re correct. However Alvarez was trying to catch him with a looping right earlier that round. Maybe it was the way the punch bounced off his shoulder and hit him high on the head that made it look weird (not straight) to me. Idk.
                    Time is catching up with us mi amigo.

Comment

Glad the quitting coward got another spanking.

Comment

Working...
                      X