Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this offensive to american soldiers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] is this offensive to american soldiers?

no
    80.00%
    yes
    20.00%
    no comment
    0.00%

gtfo my america *****

Comment

It wasn't funny enough to be offensive. I'm pretty sure American soldiers won't be losing any sleep over this.

Comment

Frankie Boyle is a bonafide legend

Comment

people often sign up for the military when they are children. my cousin was obligated to become a marine by the time he was 18 years old. he had made his mind up by 16, and signed up at 17 with a parent, IIRC.

once you become a soldier, it's illegal to leave, or not follow orders. it's called going AWOL, and can land you in prison.

in other words, soldiers are probably being sent to places that weren't even in conflict when they were 17 years old, and signing up for hte military. when they're sent to these place, they have no say, and very little understanding of the contextual politics. they're just soldiers.

blame the american government. there's certainly plenty of material.
          don't blame soldiers. soldiers doing the grunt work are basically kids, for the most part.
          Last edited by New England; 11-11-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Basically the same joke

Comment

It's a stupid meme. 2/10. Would not bang.

Comment

If you're old enough to be a soldier imo you should be old enough to drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  It wasn't funny enough to be offensive. I'm pretty sure American soldiers won't be losing any sleep over this.
                  Speak for yourself, i'm gonna be up all night about this. When offered a free meal due to veterans day I don't even know if i'll be able to accept. Totally ruined my day...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    people often sign up for the military when they are children. my cousin was obligated to become a marine by the time he was 18 years old. he had made his mind up by 16, and signed up at 17 with a parent, IIRC.

once you become a soldier, it's illegal to leave, or not follow orders. it's called going AWOL, and can land you in prison.

in other words, soldiers are probably being sent to places that weren't even in conflict when they were 17 years old, and signing up for hte military. when they're sent to these place, they have no say, and very little understanding of the contextual politics. they're just soldiers.

blame the american government. there's certainly plenty of material.
                    don't blame soldiers. soldiers doing the grunt work are basically kids, for the most part.
                    When I was like 17 we had a career fair (this is at what is usually the #1 ranked school in Wisconsin). The Navy had a recruiter there and of course nobody was even going to the table. So I felt bad and figured I'd listen to the guy's spiel. This dude called me once or twice a week for months.

Moral of the story? Never talk to the recruiters, even if you feel bad nobody is going to their table .

Comment

Working...
                    X