Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch vs Groves slow motion stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty sure this is the same tactic the pinoys adopted for scoring the third marquez fight. they realized how silly it was, and left boxing
    it was an exodus.

pick spots to use slow motion, salapang hat na, pare. left punch bobuoy and all of that, innit?

it was a quick stoppage. the tide had turned, but the stoppage was too quick.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
      Groves disputed the stoppage immediately and had his witts about him, so no, this was not a good stoppage. . . u look at the Tapia stoppage, and Tapia knew what was up, he was happy to call it a day, Groves could've still gone on to win that fight (somehow) lol
      Smoger caught hell for the late stoppage in the Tapia fight, Foster caught hell for the early stoppage in the Groves fight.

Who'd be a ref?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Smoger caught hell for the late stoppage in the Tapia fight, Foster caught hell for the early stoppage in the Groves fight.

Who'd be a ref?

smoger could ahve stopped it earlier, but he definitely tried to stop the fight before the knockout punch came. kirkland has to stop punching, or they need a ref who isn't in his 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
          Groves was done and Froch was never that hurt?

The stuff you have to read on this board....

the knockdown made froch lose his balance a tiny bit when he stood up but his eyes were always clear and he seemed coherent,if you truly believe froch was hurt watch the punches that bounce off his head in round 6?? I believe and look at his response... the guy is right up there with Mickey Ward,Kane(the wrestler in 1997 lol) and Jason Vorhees

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Makes me think there was one left hook that Groves threw when Froch was squared up with his chin in the air that missed be a whisker. Froch would have been on his arse again had it landed.
            Froch was caught cold mate... he took similar if not better punches through the rest of the fight... he takes a brutal combination in round 2 and just blinks pal

Comment

Originally posted by AlexaAriza View Post

it was a legit good stoppage, people jsut got their panties in a bunch because forch has never been that hurt and grooves was winning the fight but he was out and badly hurt.
              Now, read here Froch's version of this video:
              "I WAS HITTING HIM WITH ABOUT 10 FLUSH SHOTS AND HE WAS SLUMPED OVER THE ROPES WITH HIS EYES ROLLING IN HIS HEAD, ARMS DANGLING AND NOT DEFENDING HIMSELF WHEN I WAS LINING UP THE DEATH-SENTENCE PUNCH WHEN THE REF SEEN IT COMING AND LOOKED INTO HIS EYES FROM 6" AWAY AND SAVED HIS CAREER, IF NOT HIS LIFE WITH THE SPOT ON STOPPAGE".

Actually, Groves experienced a near-death episode, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexaAriza View Post
                during the whole exchange yes grooves threw back but with out any substance just to throw, then the last 1 2 froch landed grooves didnt answer those but ducked way low and started to try and run out of their and thats when the ref grabs him, froch doesnt push him or the ref doesnt move him anywhere he wasnt going himself. Froch was just about to tee off on groves and kill em.
                The last 1-2 Froch landed, Groves was throwing punches at the same time.
                Groves had his gloves up and was moving away. I thought Froch pushes him slightly with his right glove, but yes, Groves was moving away, but he didnt turn his back or run away.

No one can say what would have happened next. There is just as much chance that Groves could of survived the round. Froch could have thrown everything he had, but they may not of landed.
                In boxing, anything can happen in a few seconds. The ref stopped it early.

Comment

yup...

STILL A FUCCKIN BULLSHIET STOPPAGE THAT ROBBED FROCH, GROVES, AND ALL THE FANS OF A NATURAL CONCLUSION

Comment

gtfo w the froch groves rematch

Froch would KtfO both stevenson + george groves on the same night, and then go home and bang the missus,, i want to see Froch avenge his defeat to Ward with a crisp knockout in the UK 2014 with the crowd cheering ´;.;.` (and rightfully take his throne as P4P number one!) Froch = the KING OF ENGLAND

Comment

Working...
                    X