Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank, ESPN Enter Into New Content Deal Through 2025

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Top rank have enough QUALITY fighters to stage 54 fights per year? Get used to an overdose of Zurdo Vs cab drivers 3-4 times a year

Comment

This is good news. Just please make sure the best fights and fighters fight on the networks so we can watch the fights in bars and restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        That's only 3 cards on the main ESPN station per year.

Hopefully all of the big fights come on ESPN.
        You clearly didn't read the article. Its 18 cards on the main ESPN station per year and 12 cards on the app per year on ESPN+ and 24 international cards on the app

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
          Does Top rank have enough QUALITY fighters to stage 54 fights per year? Get used to an overdose of Zurdo Vs cab drivers 3-4 times a year
          dude read the article. It is 30 Top Rank cards per year and 24 international cards per year

Comment

I got the ESPN+ app so... This deal sounds sweet to me.

Comment

man would it be great if Espn hbo, showtime, fox etc all could broadcast the fights simultaneously that way we could pick which channel we wanna watch it on. I absolutely hate Espn and Fox commentating teams. and love the idea of seeing PBC guys on Hbo and Top rank GB fighters on showtime.

Or imagine a card with two GB fighters fighting each other two Top rank guys fighting each other, 2 matchroom guys and 2 showtime guys against each other all on one card. Obviously i know this would never in a million years happen but a guy can dream i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                dude read the article. It is 30 Top Rank cards per year and 24 international cards per year
                Is Zurdo not Mexican? Is Mexico not considered international?

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                  With Top Rank/Zanfer/Warren/Teiken in the same pool, I'd still doubt it, but who knows?

Teiken gets you Chocolatito/Linares/Murata, Zanfer gets you Munguia, and Warren gets you Warrington/Saunders/Fury and others. Put that with Top Rank, and you've got things set for some interesting matchups.

Warrington-Valdez for the IBF/WBO 126lb titles, Saunders-Murata for the WBO 160lb belt, Gonzalez-Ancajas at 115lb, Munguia fighting at 154, Fury/Ruiz/Parker/Jennings/DuBois making a decent little heavyweight division, while the unified championship shot gets sorted out, etc.

Nowhere enough to deliver 54 shows a year, though.

Comment

And of course Bob Arum will surely continue to provide great content for the next seven years of his old life.

Comment

54 EVENTS PER YEAR?!?!?!?!?

That's gonna be hard to fill. But more boxing so I ain't complaining

Comment

Working...
                      X