Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis surprised that Anthony Joshua doesn't want to fight in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no doubt at some point they will fight outside the UK, probably Africa, the US maybe Europe (continental Europe). Joshua’s manager was on IFL the other day saying that it won’t be long before they travel because they have almost maxed out what they can do in the UK.

But they seem set on making the first ever undisputed HW championship unification to be staged in the UK, and I can respect that. It would be a special event here. Something we have never seen before.

At the end of the day all these guys saying Joshua needs to do this or that are way off. Joshua has put himself in the position where he is the money man and in that role he can pretty much do what he wants to point.

Maybe he can make more in Vegas, but if he wants to do in the Uk then that’s his prerogative. He is the one bringing the investors and the sponsors to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      I thought there were only 4 World Titles and Wilder has the 4th..stop trying to pass the IBO as a legit title

He beat Martin(lol) for the IBF..beat an old coming off of a 2 year layoff Wlad for 1 VACANT TITLE..then beat Parker(good win)

Time to fight Wilder now for all the marbles
      See

This sht is nuts, aj is a phenom at what he has done. If aj was wilder and he did that you would be going nuts

If aj ducked the guys wilder did too you would also be over him

On top of this you are giving wilder a pass for ducking because for you this is about race

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        Charles Martin was considering the next great hope by you lot

What happened again to him ?
        What a deluded comment lmao. Nobody was hyping up Martin... what a sad post.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Lennox Lewis was a bolder more fearless champion than AJ no offense meant to AJ who is a good champion with a good record. Lewis was an all time great and I don't think either AJ or Wilder will ever be as good as he was or fight all comers like he did.
          Lewis was fighting washed out Tyrell Biggs and Levi Billups at the stage Joshua defeated Klitchko that was fight 19 .

His first title defense was a shot Tony Tucker , he lost in his 4th defense . It took him over 2 years to win his belt back .

It took Lewis 9 years to become undisputed champion and was never a unified champion either until then .

You cant seriously tell me Lewis resume is better in the same time frame and penalize Joshua bc hes not an ATG bc Lewis had a 14 year career ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
            What a deluded comment lmao. Nobody was hyping up Martin... what a sad post.
            This is false !

You even had ALL the Furys stating he was going to be to much for Joshua , while Wilder couldn't pick a winner .

Of course as always when a fighter gets blown out it tends to cause amnesia in the media and Martin literally became a bum over night .

IF that bum defeats Kownacki it will just be another bum i guess continuously climbing Wilders WBC rankings who Joshua defeated ? lol

Comment

Virtually everyone in this thread is a fan boy with **** for brains. Like watching 12 year old wanna be lawyers argue for one or the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                I have no doubt at some point they will fight outside the UK, probably Africa, the US maybe Europe (continental Europe). Joshua’s manager was on IFL the other day saying that it won’t be long before they travel because they have almost maxed out what they can do in the UK.

But they seem set on making the first ever undisputed HW championship unification to be staged in the UK, and I can respect that. It would be a special event here. Something we have never seen before.

At the end of the day all these guys saying Joshua needs to do this or that are way off. Joshua has put himself in the position where he is the money man and in that role he can pretty much do what he wants to point.

Maybe he can make more in Vegas, but if he wants to do in the Uk then that’s his prerogative. He is the one bringing the investors and the sponsors to the table.
                Yep, i think they are almost done with the UK scene now. I think the future is near for him. I could see him fighting outside of the UK sooner than later. If he wants to expand his brand he would have to take that show on tour.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  I mean no disrespect but I am sorry. You are poorly misinformed. This fight would make more money in the states; Especially more in Las Vegas than Britain could ever dream. Hell, Barry Hearn even conceded this point. In America both fighters stand to make a guarantee of at least $50 mil each. In addition, to earning upwards to a $100 mil or more from the percentages of the upside of the live gate, Pay-per-view sales and other revenue streams. It would become the largest grossing Heavyweight boxing match in the history of the sport, if the fight ever convened in Las Vegas.
                  Where's the guarantee of the $50M coming from ? Why would Joshua agree to 50:50

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
                    Where's the guarantee of the $50M coming from ? Why would Joshua agree to 50:50
                    Why do you need to know that? That's something that you, I and the rest of the boxing fans don't need to know. All I know is that Eddie Hearn said the funds were there and available; Thereby making it legitimate offer. To my knowledge, that offer still stands and is on the table if AJ wants it. He should want to agree to it because it's a career high pay day. The $50mil guarantee plus the upside of the gate and ppv could earn them both upwards to a $100mil or more each. That's more money than he could ever dream of making in a single night at Wembley.

Comment

The man won't come to Vegas for 50 mil. He's a coward. His contract that he sent to Wilder is null and void. Joshua is scared. I keep repeating myself. He's scared.
                      Last edited by Raggamuffin; 07-21-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X