Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Wilder Plan Counter To $12.5 Million Flat Fee For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do a winner takes all.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      1. 50/50 would be starting point for negotiations, if Wilder wins, and he wins big, with the rematch clause stating the fight MUST be held in the US, he could give AJ a smaller piece of the pie. It is exactly the situation Wilder wanted, because there was nothing forcing AJ and co to put a US only clause in the contract. That is a massive concession.

2. I don't need to know the details to know what revenue is and what a fight purse is. They are two separate things. Look it up.

3. Flat fee or not, Wilder has never and will never make this type of money.

4. Yeah and Wilder's value is MUCH less than AJs, which is the whole point.

5. It is take it or leave it because Mathroom's plan is to get AJ back in the ring at the next best date, they don't have time to mess around for paper belt holder Wilder.
      50/50 is not the starting point for negotiations for the rematch. It is the proposed split for the rematch. Its essentially a two fight contract.

Here's something for you to look up. How can anyone sell TV rights to an event for which they are not promoting? How can anyone sell tickets or get ticket revenue from an event for which they don't own promotional rights to?

This is a flat fee offer. Not a flat purse offer. That's why no venue, date, or other details are included. Essentially, Wilder shows, up gets the 12.5, then pays all of his people from the 12.5. This isn't a co-promotion offer where revenue is shared.

Comment

• I just had a Google search of AJ's real earnings, as I've previously been quoting what I've read on here. Apparently he made £20 million/$28.4 million for Parker, £11 million/$15.6 million for Takam and £15 million/$21.3 million for Klitschko.

Comment

• Let’s be honest, this is complete BS just for Hearn and Joshua to sit there, shoulders shrugged, saying “we tried”.

Yes, it’s more money than Wilder has ever seen...ok...but this is totally just to fool the masses into thinking/believing that Wilder has turned them down. Sad thing is, many will.

After all that “Wilder needs to be realistic” and “Wilder is in la la land” stuff from Hearn just to lay a flat fee.

He probably shít his pants when Joshua said post fight he wanted Wilder because then it meant he’d have to try some BS like this to save some face, and here he is.

Comment

• I love seeing the FIomos and now BumSquad fan boys squirm and contradict themselves from the Pacquiao negotiations LOL

Windmill career high payday = less than $2 mil

$12.5 mil is money that he's never made X6

Comment

• If this is true the fight is dead. Plain duck by Joshua.

Comment

• Joshua/Wilder is a 100m fight?

No chance

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  The Wilder fans will go bonkers insisting this is a duck from Joshua. Never mind Joshua just said he wants Wilder first, then maybe Povetkin. And Wilder and his people have already said they will likely not accept TWELVE AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS to fight Joshua.

Yeah, that sure sounds like a duck from Joshua.

LOL!
                  A fight that will generate over a 100 million and you think Wilder , even though it would be his biggest payday should take 12.5 million ? That’s basically an 87/13 split . Joshua don’t want it.

Comment

• Ridiculous...

I rarely comment on news from this site, but if this is true, then I agree with some on here that Joshua/Hearn don't want the fight. There's no way Wilder should accept anything less than 40%. Parker received 35-40% and a flat fee would in no way come close to 40%.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Joshua/Wilder is a 100m fight?

No chance
                      Not sure where they are getting their calculations from, all of a sudden they are accountants. We just want the fight. Not sure what they are scared of.

Comment

Working...
                      X