Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Linares, Algieri Both in Line For Maurice Hooker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Linares, Algieri Both in Line For Maurice Hooker

Former world super lightweight champion Chris Algieri (22-3 8KOs) made his return from two years out of the ring in November with a ten round win in Huntington, Long Island. And on January 18th at the Hulu Theater of Madison Square Garden in New York City, the 34 year old faces fellow New Yorker Danny Gonzalez (17-1-1 7KOs) in his second bout back, with the carrot of major fights later in the year dangling in front of Algieri.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Id love to see hooker vs linares.

Comment

Hooker has had himself a nice little 2018 to be fair.

I wouldn't mind him/Linares.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Id love to see hooker vs linares.
        I wish the planets had aligned and he was part of the 8 man Muhammad Ali tournament.

Comment

Linares vs Hooker would be crazy! I would love to see that fight!

Comment

Algieri should finish Khan off , I thought he beat him first time around he would definitely beat him this time around .Chris should stay at this sort of level not above.

Comment

Some good matchmaking if Hearn can get Linares and Hooker in a ring together. Would definitely be a fun watch. No complaints here! I'd favour Linares and would like to see him win.

Comment

Isn't hooker with TR?? If he still is, no way either of these fights happen outside of ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                  Isn't hooker with TR?? If he still is, no way either of these fights happen outside of ESPN.
                  Hooker is Matchroom/DAZN, was on ESPN last as Top Rank won the purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                    Linares vs Hooker would be crazy! I would love to see that fight!
                    Co-sign this ^. Hooker made me a fan when he beat Turbo Terry here in Manchester and I've rooted for him ever since. Not sure he can hang with Taylor or Prograis but I'd love to see those fights too.

Less bothered about Algieri fighting any of 'em though. Kid boxed out of his skin against Ruslan, but in reality ain't more than a solid gatekeeper. OK fight for sure against any of the other three, but hardly one to get super excited about.

Comment

Working...
                    X