No announcement yet.

An expert's guide to getting banned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] An expert's guide to getting banned

You know, if there's one thing I think I'm good at, it's getting banned. I almost wish I'd have started counting right from the beginning, because I must be in treble figures, I'm sure.

Let me share a few tips for those of you out there who are struggling with your first ban... a few pointers from the master, if you will.

1. Personal Tragedy Is Your Friend
    Someone famous died of an overdose? A building burnt to the ground with people in it? An explosion that killed hundreds? These are not tragedies, or things to be sorrowful about, people... these are your bread and butter, the cornerstone of any great ban.

Here's my tip: if you're not sure if the reference is offensive by itself, hedge your bets by mixing in a little casual racism, just to make sure.

Example: When Whitney Houston died of an overdose in her bathtub, I made some inappropriate remark about it. But just to secure that ban - to make doubly sure - I pointed out that Selena Gomez would never die the way Whitney did... because whoever heard of a Mexican getting in a bath?

You see the way that nice brand of casual racism has been threaded through there? That was, ISTR, a good 2-4 weeks of enforced non-posting as a result.

2. Don't Be Afraid To Cross The Line
    These days, when people try to guess why I've been banned, 90% of the time, they'll never see the reason as the threads get deleted. I'll give an example: I was telling a story about Ricky Hatton at a party being involved in various perverse sexual practises. Now, I knew saying "Ricky 'Atton's ****ing a dog up arsehole is Ricky 'Atton" wasn't enough by itself. I'm a professional. But what if I said he was screwing a baby, and the baby had down syndrome? Then, just to make doubly sure, place a race on said baby, and throw in a few racial stereotypes about it? Result: A solid month away.

3. The private lives of the mods are there as your get out
    I remember once I went so long without a ban I was getting itchy feet. I had a real ban drought, I was posting for about 5-6 months without being canned. It took a poll about which mods engage in which sexual practises before I tipped the balance.

4. Have An Audience
    It's possible to get banned from the lounge - I must have had at least 60 bans from here - but if you've got doubts, and you want to make SURE, pop it in NSB. If it's an inappropriate remark about the sexual practises of a high-profile boxer... all the better. But maybe you just want to call a mod a cunt and paint a picture of how he types with spunk in his eyes and up his ass? That's your marketplace. Treat it well.

5. Never Forget Your First Ban
    It might not be the best ban you'll ever get, but treasure it. Back when I first joined, the place was a LOT quieter, so much so that I even got a personal message from Rick "Spunk Bucket" Reeno, explaining I could come back if I promised to behave.

Now, my routine about which boxer's corpse smelt the worst (Answer: Max Schmelling) wasn't my finest moment in the world of the ban, though did have a timely quality as he'd only just died about three hours earlier. If you're a fan of the ban, there's no such thing as "too soon".

Any questions, or any more tips you'd like, please let me know and I will do my best to pass on my wisdom.

Never a dull moment when Annie is around...really the only reason I log on to BS anymore

Comment

I've been banned from TYT channels, the main channel and their smaller channels including the Damage report.

They shadow ban anyone that offers a differing view so to keep members in the bubble and and just report their narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9...Q?pbjreload=10

If anyone want to give them some abuse from me, please do.

Comment

i am a rookie at getting banned. i was banned only 6 times in total, twice i think were peram bannes, the other 3 were for so called racism, and 1 for threatening to beat up a poster, who was actually a racist.

Comment

Max Schmelling.

Comment

ive gotten banned here so many times the mods doesnt give a sh\t what i post anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              ive gotten banned here so many times the mods doesnt give a sh\t what i post anymore.
              Yeah, I find I have to work harder these days as well.

It's not easy when you've had a few, is it?

Comment

I heard that Anorak has booked an exclusively private jet to Epsteins 'Fantasy' Island for a weeks vacation. Gives you clear insight in to his 'bumming' stories. ……….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  I heard that Anorak has booked an exclusively private jet to Epsteins 'Fantasy' Island for a weeks vacation. Gives you clear insight in to his 'bumming' stories. ……….Rockin'

That was a good one, Rock.

Comment

ShoulderRoll would have been able to chart this once.... the guy used to wank his little pecker 24/7 over my bans.

Comment

Working...
                    X