Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bad habits and flaws to you see in current top boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many champions have a very low work rate. Both AJ and Wilder average less than 40 punches a round. Broner averages about 34 punches a round.

Comment

I've noticed some top guys like degale, jacobs, leo santa cruz at times.

They throw these open hand slap hooks, i mean they are thrown with high velocity and can stun, but if these guys turned their hook in? they'd ko way more people

Comment

Khan throws his left hook too wide and loopy leaving himself open to a right swinging hook from oppositions eg Canelo and Garcia KOs

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
          Khan throws his left hook too wide and loopy leaving himself open to a right swinging hook from oppositions eg Canelo and Garcia KOs
          Not really you’re gonna get hit more than not khan doesn’t but when he does he can’t take it, if he had any sort of chin he could be the perfect boxer.

Comment

More of a general flaw, but I think inside fighting is becoming a lost art. Clinching seems to be the default for a lot of fighters.

Comment

Heavyweights they don't go to the body or get down low any heavyweight who has a peek a boo Mike Tyson style would beat Wilder with ease also a Rocky Marconi style of getting low would also beat Wilder todays heavy weight stand up still with no bend at the knees this prevents them from going under the wind mill punches of Wilder and prevents them from going to the body which you need to do to beat Wilder

Comment

I think every fighter has one hole or another. Even Mayweather.

For example sometimes Floyd leaves his chin up when he springs in with a lead right, he's just so quick at reacting to what's coming back and good at smothering up close that the window of catch him there is miniscule.

Another flaw of Floyds IMO, hiding he's hurt, he can't seem to do it. You always know when Floyd is hurt or buzzed because his immediate natural reaction is to hold his gloves up by his chin and just take shots on the gloves. Whenever you land a shot on Floyd and he glues his gloves to his chin you know you can let your hands go on him nothing will come back for the duration that he's hurt.

Luckily for him he didn't get hurt often and his recovery rate is very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  -Spence; Trusts his ability to out-gun opponents in intense firefights. Might get caught some day.
                  -Canelo; Gets careless when he feels in control, neglects corner advice.
                  -Wilder; Does not guard chin, uses jerking head movement as defense, shifts his weight too far off the center line, making him off balance.
                  Makes sense
                  That’s why he throws so many hayemakers
                  Hit or miss (which happens too often imo )
                  He always looks out of position or maybe awkward is the better analogy
                  Talking about Wilder here

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    Big baby miller is a top heavy.

He has the worst defense I have ever Seen. If he fought a wilder, povetkin, joshua type he's going to get hurt

I've never seen him move his head
                    You blind? Big Baby moves his head a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X