Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uchiyama/Miura rematch nearing completion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
    Still going with Uchiyama.Miura beating Jardon was a nothing affair for me Dante is average.The win over Thompson was good but it showed Miuras defensive weaknesses I think Uchiyama does him again
    Exactly, jargon was nothing

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
      Ioka the new generation... can't lose
      I like Yaegashi chances. Since Ioka beat him he's gone on to fight mediocre competition at 108. Akira jumped up two weight classes and upset Igrashi and handily beat Sosa. Ioka is too young and too good to be fighting the kind of comp he did in 2013.

Comment

if Uchiyama is a unified champion, Western TV stations will have no choice but to start paying notice. Especially if Mikey Garcia is in that division in question. Same goes for Miura I suppose. I hope it comes off! Uchiyama by late stoppage, just like the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
          if Uchiyama is a unified champion, Western TV stations will have no choice but to start paying notice. Especially if Mikey Garcia is in that division in question. Same goes for Miura I suppose. I hope it comes off! Uchiyama by late stoppage, just like the first fight.
          Bob might put him in Macao since he's trying to build a Japanese presence there. Mikey supposedly moving up afterwards though

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Bob might put him in Macao since he's trying to build a Japanese presence there. Mikey supposedly moving up afterwards though
            I wonder what Bob is really going to be able to do with the Japanese market unless Murata really can make some waves. Uchiyama, Ioka, and Yaegashi all make good money at home and are used to being on the A side of things.

I hope Burgos upsets Mikey tonight. If he wins he'll at least stick around the weight class and he already went to Japan to fight Hasegawa. I could see Burgos facing the Uchiyama Miura winner. I can't see Mikey doing the same or Bob letting that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              I wonder what Bob is really going to be able to do with the Japanese market unless Murata really can make some waves. Uchiyama, Ioka, and Yaegashi all make good money at home and are used to being on the A side of things.

I hope Burgos upsets Mikey tonight. If he wins he'll at least stick around the weight class and he already went to Japan to fight Hasegawa. I could see Burgos facing the Uchiyama Miura winner. I can't see Mikey doing the same or Bob letting that happen.
              Well he's still trying to build Macao and Japan is close enough for traveling fans, so I agree with him trying to build interest there. Murata.... I don't think he'll win a title unless it's a vacant or interim title

Bob can probably offer a good amount for a decent fight. Didn't somebody say they make like 200k at home?

Comment

Working...
              X