Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-18-2020, 04:46 PM #31
Boxing

Quoted: 25811 Post(s)
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 381,091.37
Total Points: 473,285.95
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 Great point, man - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Goat View Post
Right, and I somewhat agreed which is why I said "Jacobs....meh...maybe" to start my reply.

Maybe your pitiful comprehension skills made you miss that part.

That said, GGG threw and landed more punches in the fight, including knocking Jacobs down.

Also:

Press Scores
•ESPN 115-112 Golovkin
•HBO 115-112 Golovkin
•The Ring Magazine 115-112 Golovkin
•The Guardian 115-112 Golovkin
•International Business Times 115-112 Golovkin
•LA Times 114-113 Golovkin
•Boxing Scene 114-113 Golovkin
•Associated Press 114-113 Golovkin
•Bad Left Hook 114-113 Golovkin
•CBS 114-114
•Telegraph 114-114
•Yahoo 114-113 Jacobs
•Box Nation 114-113 Jacobs
•USA Today 115-113 Jacobs
•Sporting News 115-112 Jacobs
•MMA Mania 115-112 Jacobs
•15Rounds.com 115-112 Jacobs

You may notice that Boxingscene also scored the fight for Golovkin while MMA Mania and Yahoo scored it for Jacobs
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Don't start compubox BS it just makes you look like a casual. It was a close fight like i said and a rematch is justified. Golovkin isn't giving rematches but expects Canelo to.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:50 PM #32
The GOAT

Quoted: 3874 Post(s)
Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 77,355.86
Total Points: 90,611.10
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by just the facts View Post
GGG beat Jacobs and Canelo in the 1st fight, clearly.

GGG lost to Derv and Canelo in the 2nd fight, again, clearly
Not clearly by a d&mn site, GGG still threw and landed more than Cinnabon in that fight as well. At the very best, it was a draw.
Boxing Goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:50 PM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3629 Post(s)
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 134,623.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by just the facts View Post
GGG beat Jacobs and Canelo in the 1st fight, clearly.

GGG lost to Derv and Canelo in the 2nd fight, again, clearly
Man I just don't see that at all, on the 2nd two...I've watched that 2nd fight a number of times...and imho I think the only way you can get to Canelo winning the 2nd fight is to not score GGG's work/jab, and/or overvalue a lot of Canelo's work...and that's just not really how fights are scored.

Fair to give Canelo props for how he fought, and slight GGG in some ways for Canelo doing some good work...but yeah Canelo just isn't active enough to beat anyone clearly really...and certainly not active enough to do that against GGG, who is super active and a very clean puncher when he scores.

I remember watching it live...and seeing very even rounds, knowing that the judges could slide any and all of those to Canelo...and then seeing GGG just kind of takeover in a number of rounds as well, especially the later rounds...yeah I just can't see anyone finding 6+ rounds for Canelo there unless you are actively trying/overrating his work/not scoring a lot of GGG's work.

SD fight was very close...I agree that live, SD was pretty clearly the better man...but those first two rounds, very likely being down 3 pts just hurt him a bit...scoring it live I had it 6-6 so edged to GGG...on rewatch I felt SD's activity wasn't quite as much of an edge as I saw live...maybe overrating some of it live...and had it 7-5 to GGG.

No issue if someone got it to 7 rounds for SD though...but yeah that was a legit 7-5 either way type fight...Sergei outworking GGG at times, GGG often times landing the bigger shots of the round...side note, great fight that was...that's how Canelo needed to fight GGG if he wanted to really win! More activity.
Boxing_1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:51 PM #34
Undisputed Champion

Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
Don't start compubox BS it just makes you look like a casual. It was a close fight like i said and a rematch is justified. Golovkin isn't giving rematches but expects Canelo to.
Anyone who watched the fight knows GGG threw and landed more than Jacobs though...that's not compubox saying that...it's just obvious man...and who lands more in a fight is VERY VERY important as to who won the fight lol.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:53 PM #35
Boxing

Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 Great point, man - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
Anyone who watched the fight knows GGG threw and landed more than Jacobs though...that's not compubox saying that...it's just obvious man...and who lands more in a fight is VERY VERY important as to who won the fight lol.
Obviously not or the average card wouldn't have Jacobs the winner.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:54 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
With that logic Golovkin-Jacobs should come before.

Here's the aevrage card of 700 fans for Golovkin-Jacobs.

I'd say a rematch is justified.
How would anyone give Jacobs round 3? lol...clear round for GGG...and round 1 was pretty easy to score as well...very close until the end where GGG landed the last 2 or 3 shots of the round.

That fight being fairly easy to score is evidenced by the judges' cards...they were identical through 10 rounds, except for round 7 which was close and split...all judges had the fight over after 9 rounds.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:54 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 942 Post(s)
TheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,200.50
Total Points: 29,623.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Bidness View Post
Well its a good thing GGG never talks. Without a marketing hype machine that clown says nothing to even chase fights. You guys can enjoy the Szremeta fight while Canelo fans enjoy better fights.

Canelo to Abel at GGG2 press conference: “And I’m talking to you because your fighter never says anything.”
Why do you watch boxing if you’re not interested in seeing the best fights available? Answer me simply instead of getting lost in that psychotic mind of yours.
TheMyspaceDayz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:56 PM #38
The GOAT

Quoted: 3874 Post(s)
Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 77,355.86
Total Points: 90,611.10
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 

Quote:
Okay then, ignore that and we're still there. That's why I included 2 x qualifiers for my point. How about the fact that I watched the fight and scored 4 x rds for Jacobs and most of press row agreed that GGG won as well?

My opinion > yours, clearly because you seem to hate GGG. (not that I really care)
Boxing Goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:56 PM #39
Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
How would anyone give Jacobs round 3? lol...clear round for GGG...and round 1 was pretty easy to score as well...very close until the end where GGG landed the last 2 or 3 shots of the round.

That fight being fairly easy to score is evidenced by the judges' cards...they were identical through 10 rounds, except for round 7 which was close and split...all judges had the fight over after 9 rounds.
Now you're using the judges cards to back up your position? But you said they're corrupt the other day, you said it was a 8-4 fight too. Make up your mind you're all over the place.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:57 PM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
99.9% of fans, experts, fighters would laugh at your claims that Mayweather-Pacquiao was closer than Canelo-Golovkin and Jacob-Golovkin. That's just absurd to be honest. Only a complete deluded nuthugger would make such a claim.
They were all 8-4 wins, with only 1 winner, shoulder shrug...if you want to overrate guys you like and underrate guys you don't...that's cool man...an overwhelming percentage of people who follow/score fights have a pretty extreme bias, so you are in good company

But yeah 95% of fights only have 1 winner...and all 4 of those fights only had 1 winner...SD-GGG was like JLC-Floyd...where Floyd/GGG probably edged it but it was very close and a score 7-5 the other way is fine, if that's how an honest man saw it...but that only applies to honest men

Share This With Friends