Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd carried connor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he "carried" him, but he played it safe for the first 3 rounds, got a look at what was in front of him, and let Conor fatigue himself, then went to work

Comment

I wouldn't say he carried him as such, but i would say Floyd was in control from the opening bell, even if Conor had a better first and second round. It was only because Floyd's game plan allowed it to happen. Floyd could have taken control from the opening bell if he wanted to but would have probably lead to a more boring fight.

That said, Floyd looked 40 in there and is wise to hang them up for good.

Floyd was as good as his word though. He went at Conor and beat him up and stopped him. He said he won't take a backwards step.

Comment

Lmao.

Floyd fans justifying that garbage to glorify the opponent.

Connor was trash bruh.

Floyd was in full control , he spars far better than what connor had to offer
        I agree, Mayweather didn't even look like he was trying to put much on his punches until late in the fight. His attitude was so relaxed, he didn't even break a sweat! No hate here though, I knew I was getting a circus act when I bought the PPV.....my curiosity simply got the best of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          After round 1 Mayweather Sr said something like "he'll be finished by round 4", a few rounds later he said something like "you can start putting it on him anytime you want."

They clearly gave McGregor the first few rounds and let him tire himself out.

They shouldn't have done it. It embarrassed boxing giving him them rounds.

This.... 😂😂😂

I wouldn't call it embarrassing but he definately gave the MMA only guys more ammunition.

Anybody who thinks connors awkward jabbing limited Floyd to 5 punches a round in the first two rounds then all of sudden just starts landing at will don't know **** about Floyd or boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            I wouldn't say he carried him as such, but i would say Floyd was in control from the opening bell, even if Conor had a better first and second round. It was only because Floyd's game plan allowed it to happen. Floyd could have taken control from the opening bell if he wanted to but would have probably lead to a more boring fight.

That said, Floyd looked 40 in there and is wise to hang them up for good.

Floyd was as good as his word though. He went at Conor and beat him up and stopped him. He said he won't take a backwards step.
            Connor tired himself out by running.... everybody's ignoring this!
            Even his corner told him to go forward. Why didn't he listen. Because he couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              Jusy re watched the fight .

Floyd took it easy on connor .

He literally looks like he is sparring with connor and working with him .
              i believe this.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                He barely landed anything early and couldnt even seriously hurt Conor while Conor was a sitting duck. Did you stupid ass think he could have ended that earlier if he wanted to? How? By doing what?

He did what he was supposed to do, it just annoys me when clueless fans say floyd carried him. As if Floyd could have done anything differently when Conor was still fresh.
                Great Point!!!...

Comment

Actually quite unusual in Boxing for a guy to gas out like Mcgregor does as soon as he's hit... Notice in all his MMA fights when he gets zapped good on the chin... He loses his composure totally and breaks into "fatigue" as he says... "Fatigue" in Boxing will make you an easy target.. Last 3 rounds just prove that... I'm sure that if Floyd had known that from the beginning Mcgregor would have call it a day by the 4th round...

Comment

Bump for Larryxxx..

Comment

Bump......

Comment

Working...
                      X