Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democrat- doesn't work, receives 138,000 a year because they are sad!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    He's taking advantage of the laws set up by Republicans.
    Sources please.

I find it hard to believe you're going to be able to cite legislation passed and signed solely by Team R guys, but I'm ready to read what you present....

Same as Trump is taking advantage of the tax laws.
    Bi-partisan as well, unless you're really going to contend (and thus source) that Team R exclusively has set tax policy.

I suggest calling your Congressman and getting the laws changed.
    What if said Congress people are on Team D? Since they are assigned no blame in your eyes, what help would that be?

Honest Dunn, I expect better from you than this type of superfan nonsense. But I did ask for sourcing, so lets see what you present....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Ummmm "government assistance" is a democrat thing

It's stupid to compare trumps taxes to a guy getting 138k of taxpayers money for being 'sad'
      Yup. Dunn surprisingly went full superfan on this. I'm wondering if he'll realize it and be intellectually honest and admit he kinda overstepped here.....

Comment

Ummmm "government assistance" is a democrat thing

It's stupid to compare trumps taxes to a guy getting 138k of taxpayers money for being 'sad'
        You are kind of loose with the facts again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...222-story.html

Jackson, 51, receives about $138,400 a year — more than he made as a freshman congressman in 1995. Most of that — about $100,000 — is workers' compensation and tax-free, according to Chicago attorney Barry Schatz, who is representing Jackson in his divorce proceeding. The rest of Jackson's benefits are Social Security Disability Insurance payments, some of which may be taxable, Schatz said.

The payments flow to Jackson because he has bipolar disorder and depression — the issues that led to an extended leave from Congress in 2012 — and those conditions have been exacerbated by a "very difficult, contentious divorce" from former Chicago Ald. Sandi Jackson, Schatz said."Whatever benefits Jesse Jackson Jr. has, he earned them, and as a matter of law, he's entitled to them," the attorney said. "If the government thought he wasn't entitled to them, they wouldn't be paying them."
        He is getting over but he isn't breaking the law and is playing by the rules that have been set up by Congress.

I get you are upset but I hope you take the same position you did with Trump and his taxes.

Comment

He is getting over but he isn't breaking the law and is playing by the rules that have been set up by Congress.

I get you are upset but I hope you take the same position you did with Trump and his taxes.
          Um, he called out that false equivalency.

That doesn't mean you just keep repeating it.

Come on Dunn, you started off cheerleading and now you're digging in on top of that. I expected more from you.....

Comment

You are kind of loose with the facts again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...222-story.html

lmao

1. who pays the workmen's compensation? and other benefits

2. Its tax free, so basically he doesn't pay taxes on it and keeps it

3. Trump never took taxpayers money

4. Jr is a proven, convicted crook and your mad that trump won't release tax returns?

5. Name the government assistance that trump was receiving?

Comment

How can you get that kinda cheddar from just disability payments? When my mom was getting disability it was a far cry from 138000.

I shoulda heard about this when I was dealing with depression myself some years ago... shieet

Comment

ohh 100k is worker's comp and 38k is disability

Makes more sense.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-02-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  How can you get that kinda cheddar from just disability payments? When my mom was getting disability it was a far cry from 138000.
                  Your mom isn't a lifer politician, is she?

They play be different rules, regardless of Party affiliation.

Comment

lmao

4. Jr is a proven, convicted crook and your mad that trump won't release tax returns?

I don't know. But Are you sure that taxpayers pay ex-Congresspeople's worker's comp?

Much like the taxes with the Carrier deal, perhaps you are wrong despite what you think.

The same tax laws that Trump benefits from.

You didn't see Trump's tax returns so you don't really know what he took or didn't take.

Trump'c corporate welfare below.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...porate-welfare

Don't throw a hissy fit and try to deflect. Jackson Jr. is a crook. Of course he doesn't deserve this if he is a crook or not. He got diagnosed with a mental illness, so he gets over.

My point in responding was to clarify where he gets all the money from.

If you are really outraged, do something about this by lobbying your congressman to get this changed.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 03-02-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

lmao

Probably an insurance company I'm assuming. Employers often pay for worker's compensation insurance.

Comment

Working...
                      X