Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eminem's new album

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible imo. I only enjoyed his tune with Skylar.

I thought MNLP2 wasn't amazing either although it did have a couple of really good tunes. I liked recovery a lot.

I'm looking forward to the J Cole Kendrick collab.

Comment

Yep, it's pretty poor.

Comment

I don't even have electric, so I haven't listened to it, but I think the issue with Eminem is that he's forgotten that it's important to ride the beat. Songs aren't freestyles. He's also forgotten that, if your life doesn't give you material, you need to find it. His using of Trump as a topic is a step in the right direction, but he has to find more meaning. It's not enough to name-drop Puerto Rico, you gotta get INTO what's going on, explain it. He could still be the best rapper in the world, but it requires adaptation.

Comment

On "Like Home", hate that ****ing hook.

Comment

i wish Em would chill with the Beastie-styled instrumentals. So far, I would definitely throw out "Like Home", and maybe dispose of "Remind Me" and "Heat".

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              It's the money. You got some artist who been in the game a long time and they're still putting out quality stuff but they never made it to the level of Eminem. I think rappers should have 4 albums ready to go when they release their debut album. Once you blow up you aren't living the same lifestyle you were living when you wrote those songs so your new albums come from a different place that most people can't relate to. So the 4 albums you wrote before your debut are still coming from the place you were in before you blew up.
              I would agree that some of the older legends who didn't make it as big are putting out great records. KRS 's latest offering is among his best work, I think.

Comment

On "Need Me", too much Pink.

Comment

I feel Eminem's is a yesterday's star, totally outdated. Ed Sheeran rules now.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Surprised there's not a thread on this, but I guess that's how far off he's got these days. Even Royston "Roy" Jones is less shot and past it.

I listened to this yesterday, and, apart from maybe one decent track (that one where he shows he's still got the technical skills, can't be bothered to look it up) it's a flaccid affair.

I used to really like this guy, but he's only got one real topic of conversation, and that's himself. Fine... for a while. But 20 years on and he's still rapping about himself and his life? No one's that interesting... except maybe Bill Cosby if he arse raped Stephen Hawking, I dunno. I'd listen to that rap album.

The rest of it is him rapping about Trump (so he's clearly a beta cuck who wants us all to cut off our balls and turn Muslim, right?) and superheroes. With Ed Sheeran as support. It's kind of embarrassing really, like NWA doing a rap about Spider-Man with the Spice Girls on backing vocals.

Everything's so inept on it. A sample rap is something like:

So Trump is a cunt
                    he gets me pumped
                    a bit like that bloke out of the X-Men
                    pumping up his bike tyres
                    He's a liar
                    and I don't like him
                    Did I ever mention I used to kick my wife in the cunt?

It's a miserable affair... I don't really put on his post-hiatus albums anyway, but this surely has to be worst effort?
                    didn't even know he had a new album, I could care less about Eminem. hasn't really made anything decent since TES, and his fanboys piss me off more than his crappy music does.

Guy made a career dissing boybands and nobodies, but where was he when Pacewon murdered him on wax? or Royce? He threw 3 songs an Everlast with his whole crew on them, but Whitey's Revenge still crapped on Em. I'm sick of hearing what an amazing battle rapper (or rapper in general) Eminem is. Anyone can diss Nick Cannon, Benzino and NSYNC.

If Eminem was a boxer, he would be considered the champ who ducks every ranked fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      Surprised there's not a thread on this, but I guess that's how far off he's got these days. Even Royston "Roy" Jones is less shot and past it.

I listened to this yesterday, and, apart from maybe one decent track (that one where he shows he's still got the technical skills, can't be bothered to look it up) it's a flaccid affair.

I used to really like this guy, but he's only got one real topic of conversation, and that's himself. Fine... for a while. But 20 years on and he's still rapping about himself and his life? No one's that interesting... except maybe Bill Cosby if he arse raped Stephen Hawking, I dunno. I'd listen to that rap album.

The rest of it is him rapping about Trump (so he's clearly a beta cuck who wants us all to cut off our balls and turn Muslim, right?) and superheroes. With Ed Sheeran as support. It's kind of embarrassing really, like NWA doing a rap about Spider-Man with the Spice Girls on backing vocals.

Everything's so inept on it. A sample rap is something like:

So Trump is a cunt
                      he gets me pumped
                      a bit like that bloke out of the X-Men
                      pumping up his bike tyres
                      He's a liar
                      and I don't like him
                      Did I ever mention I used to kick my wife in the cunt?

It's a miserable affair... I don't really put on his post-hiatus albums anyway, but this surely has to be worst effort?
                      I hate that lil puto!

Comment

Working...
                      X