Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did yall know it was illegal for American citizens to own, handle, or trade gold, anywhere in the world from 1933-1974, except for the case of jewlers?

This means that there must have been an illicit gold trade operating in the US at the same time, or one would think, anyway.

There were also inevitably people who refused to hand over their gold, and it must have sat buried or something. A lot of people would have died in that 42 year period, with their gold hidden away.

Just think, the mafia must have been illegally carting gold around, and stuff.

I guess that the period when gold was banned isn't talked about, maybe because the very notion of banning gold is too controversial (but it's exactly what was done, from 1933-1974. This period coresponded with the abdication of the Gold Standard under FDR on the one hand, and the abdication of the Bretton Woods system of international settlement (1944-1974), under Nixon (and the rise of the petro-dollar), on the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      haha I woke up drunk and bumped that chopped and scrwed version.

Comment

• I am thinking of writing a serial killer mystery novel.

The title is "The Some Body Axer."

Comment

• That last **** I wrote sounded a lot better when I was ripped as hell.

I gotta keep smoking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            That last **** I wrote sounded a lot better when I was ripped as hell.

I gotta keep smoking.

Comment

• 2pm. Time to start drinking.

My friends want to go to a ****ing club. I'm not down for that crap.

Comment

• Today is actually the 365th day in a row that I haven't drank booze.

Maybe I'd consider having a drink, except I'm going back to school tomorrow (on the internets), so better not.

I already have college degrees for days.

I gotta get my street creds up in the way of math, you heard me?

Probably still be in school when I'm ****en 80.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                  Today is actually the 365th day in a row that I haven't drank booze.

Maybe I'd consider having a drink, except I'm going back to school tomorrow (on the internets), so better not.

I already have college degrees for days.

I gotta get my street creds up in the way of math, you heard me?

Probably still be in school when I'm ****en 80.
                  How did you manage to quit the booze?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    How did you manage to quit the booze?.
                    Just by doing other stuff.

Working tons of hours, and traveling all over for work.

Just found a lot of **** I could get into Stateside.

Tokyo was more like a prison, with nothing to do but study or teach English to morons or drink booze. (Not everyone was morons, but as side gigs go they weren't always thrilling, the 1-on-1/1-on-2 ****, and what not. Old people and such.)

Plus in Japan it's like everything is bubble wrapped.

I could go on drunken rampages and pass out on the street, and the worst that would happen is I'd get my wallet jacked or get roofied by bargirls, on each 1000th such occasion.

Lifestyles of the drunk and nameless in Tokyo, pretty much.

These days I stay high. Pretty boring of late, but I can always go outside and chop trees if nothing ****en else.

But I'm waiting on a work permit to go to China.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 12-31-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X