No announcement yet.

You guys who think Roman Gonzalez is overrated or whatever lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    BS tweet. Promoters are to blame. They're the ones not giving the fans the fights we want to see. How are the fans to blame when promoters come out & admit they're marinating fights?

Tired of seeing boxing fans blamed. We subsidize this sport & even support the BS promoters give us while waiting on the fights we really want to see. We're to blame for Mayweather/Pac taking so long to make? We're to blame for Canelo vacating his belt? We're to blame for Crawford vs. Pac not happening or Crawford vs Horn not happening? W
    We are partly to blame because we destroy boxers when they lose, which makes promoters and fighters more afraid of taking risks.

Guarantee if one fighter is dominant next weekend we get call of 'overrated', 'never that good', 'bum' etc. When in reality its probably just the style match up, who prepared better or a million and one other factors that decide individual results.

Basically, hardcore fans need to stop acting like casuals and acting like losses are something terrible that means we should tear down an entire career. Just a part of sport.

Comment

Sometimes in boxing you just meet your match. Cholo met his just like Kovalev met his in Ward, that doesn't mean you are not a world class operator, it just means you're human after all.

Comment

good post.

i saw some of these casuals popping off with their chocolatito was overrated crap. overrated? a guy who cleaned out 3 divisions was overrated?

jesus christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          We are partly to blame because we destroy boxers when they lose, which makes promoters and fighters more afraid of taking risks.

Guarantee if one fighter is dominant next weekend we get call of 'overrated', 'never that good', 'bum' etc. When in reality its probably just the style match up, who prepared better or a million and one other factors that decide individual results.

Basically, hardcore fans need to stop acting like casuals and acting like losses are something terrible that means we should tear down an entire career. Just a part of sport.
          if benavides catches an L to GGG when he moves up you'll hear the same thing about benavides being overrated

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Exactly.

Every fighter in history is overrated.

The guy who knocked him out is a good fighter. No shame in losing to him.
            here's my take on this.

losing is normal BUT its who you lose too that counts!

nobody knew who rungvisai is, he wasnt suppose to amount to anything. he was just suppose to be a guy for choco to beat on.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              here's my take on this.

losing is normal BUT its who you lose too that counts!

nobody knew who rungvisai is, he wasnt suppose to amount to anything. he was just suppose to be a guy for choco to beat on.
              Only to people who hadnt seen him fight. Almost everyone who followed the division knew it was a tough fight. Not just because of size but stylistically aswell.

Watch the whole fight of him vs Cuadras and tell me this is a bad fighter (make sure its all the rounds though Cuadras builds an early lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Only to people who hadnt seen him fight. Almost everyone who followed the division knew it was a tough fight. Not just because of size but stylistically aswell.

Watch the whole fight of him vs Cuadras and tell me this is a bad fighter (make sure its all the rounds though Cuadras builds an early lead)
                I think your point about those who watched the division is important. So many hadn't , which is probably why so many feel he is over rated.

Comment

Not saying he's an ATG but he's obviously a top fighter.

He lost, big deal. Most of the greats have. Not like the guy he lost to is a bum.
                  Most of the greats have too a great and solid win vs a great fighter.

Choco does not have one...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Most of the greats have too a great and solid win vs a great fighter.

Choco does not have one...
                    Well like I just said he's not an ATG

Comment

Well like I just said he's not an ATG
                      I agree with you, sorry mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X