Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Andre Ward ever been in a top 5 fight of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    he usually outclasses his opponents, the dawson fight was very exciting, hes been in some good fights as well, why do u ask?
    Was it? Has he?

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      None besides Kovalev and that was probably the 5th best fight of the year.
      This ^^^

Compared to:
      Thurman-Porter
      Frampton-Cruz
      Siri-Vargas
      Whyte-Chisora

the ward-kov Fight was probably 5th

Comment

No. He holds, clinches and wrestles too much to be in a fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          This ^^^

Compared to:
          Thurman-Porter
          Frampton-Cruz
          Siri-Vargas
          Whyte-Chisora

the ward-kov Fight was probably 5th
          We have very different definitions of what a good fight is. I'd put Glowacki vs Usyk over any of these fights.

Comment

Why is this relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Why is this relevant?
              It isn't....they just need a hate fix.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                Was it? Has he?
                yes, he beat the hell out of dawson and I learned a few tricks from that fight that I used in sparring until this day...im a boxing fan and I find boxing very interesting and learn particular things from particular fighters, its exciting to me. maybe ward isn't your cup of tea. that's okay as well but let me be. ur just a fan of particular fighters, im a fan of the sport and don't waste all my life tearing down those who have styles I don't like much because I understand how hard It is to even be a C level fighter in such a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  Why is this relevant?
                  Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  It isn't....they just need a hate fix.
                  Exactly. A shame really

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    We have very different definitions of what a good fight is. I'd put Glowacki vs Usyk over any of these fights.
                    Glowacki vs Usyk is a good fight indeed but Lebedev vs Gassiev was better than that..

Comment

the inferiority complex is for real! your vag is clearly going to stay bleeding for f#cking years.

i heard a lot of intelligent boxing people giving a sound evaluation of how "good" the kovalev fight was. the two best fighters of the same size fought in or around their primes. there were swings in momentum, a knockdown, controversial, razor thin scoring. the building was insane. i was there.

i have no issues with somebody calling it one of the best fights of the year in that regard. ward's fought the [other] best fighter in his division several times. froch and kessler weren't good enough to make a fight of it. not worth complaining about it and acting like that is ward's fault. they didn't have boxing skills, punching power, or a jab like kovalev's, and never got going.

think of floyd's best fight as a WW, maidana 1. why was that such an amazing fight? because floyd was such a great boxer, or because maidana knew how to manipulate space and make him uncomfortable and force him to fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X