No announcement yet.

Skinny Boxer ... What do I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Righthandbanger View Post
    Im really not going to put a video up.. What you are doing is starting a 'challenge' because you have run out of evidence to support your argument.

drop the strawman and admit you're wrong
    Ive already made my point and won.

as no one has cited any where that ross suggests 5*5 sets.

and as ross himself states that strength is not strength and there are many kinds of strength.

and as ross him self states that heavy loads only activate fast twitch muscles, but nowhere does he state why fast twitch muscles are better then others.

I simply want to see how good you are at boxing and if im better, as well as display to the entire internet world the difference between a boxer who only boxes and a boxer who spends most his time lifting weights and recovering.
    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-18-2010, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
      Ive already made my point and won.

as no one has cited any where that ross suggests 5*5 sets.

and as ross himself states that strength is not strength and there are many kinds of strength.

and as ross him self states that heavy loads only activate fast twitch muscles, but nowhere does he state why fast twitch muscles are better then others.

I simply want to see how good you are at boxing and if im better, as well as display to the entire internet world the difference between a boxer who only boxes and a boxer who spends most his time lifting weights and recovering.
      Ross uses a compromise between strength and athleticism. He is not purely talking about strength training, although he does stress the use of weights for fighters, which is why I brought him up.

The fact you show is that you know nothing of strength training. This is my point, and your pedantic arguments and false advice show that in fact I have won.

What you are doing now is issuing a challenge of videos.. which btw has no bearing on how good you are at boxing. Bag no hit back.

Comment

Ross uses a compromise between strength and athleticism. He is not purely talking about strength training, although he does stress the use of weights for fighters, which is why I brought him up.

The fact you show is that you know nothing of strength training. This is my point, and your pedantic arguments and false advice show that in fact I have won.

What you are doing now is issuing a challenge of videos.. which btw has no bearing on how good you are at boxing. Bag no hit back.
        spineless coward.

and an idiot at that...its brick no hit back and breaking a brick only consists of 1 motion, hitting a bag consists of foot work slipping head movement guard and proper punch technique, and top of that to do it for 5 rounds involves stamina as well.

to claim how some one looks hitting a bag has no claim on how they are going to look in a ring is the most stupid thing ive ever read on this site.
        Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-18-2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

LOL actually common sense is what tells me not to put videos up. If someone from my gym saw it I would never hear the end of it.. but its ok you can refer to me as a coward all you like. It honestly doesn't hurt me what a random old man on the internet types.

Obviously as I'm not putting a vid up I'll refrain from commenting on yours, but I have no doubt others on here have and will give you feedback on what you were doing wrong there.

Comment

LOL actually common sense is what tells me not to put videos up. If someone from my gym saw it I would never hear the end of it.. but its ok you can refer to me as a coward all you like. It honestly doesn't hurt me what a random old man on the internet types.

Obviously as I'm not putting a vid up I'll refrain from commenting on yours, but I have no doubt others on here have and will give you feedback on what you were doing wrong there.
            Im sorry but you have no right to talk to me untill youve put up a video.

and your more then welcome to critique it, just dont expect a reply.
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-18-2010, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Oh my God... you've posted that bag vid up before under a different name, I remember it because I can't forget how f.ucking awful it is. Seriously.

A quote by Vitali Klitschko just about sums you up: "In chess, nobody is an expert, but everybody plays. In boxing, everybody is an expert, but nobody fights."

You claim to have this vast knowledge of everything related to boxing, but you don't actually have a clue what to do when it comes time to put it into practice.

You're a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                Oh my God... you've posted that bag vid up before under a different name, I remember it because I can't forget how f.ucking awful it is. Seriously.

A quote by Vitali Klitschko just about sums you up: "In chess, nobody is an expert, but everybody plays. In boxing, everybody is an expert, but nobody fights."

You claim to have this vast knowledge of everything related to boxing, but you don't actually have a clue what to do when it comes time to put it into practice.

You're a joke.
                same name, well same account ive changed the name a few times.

if you want to critique a year old bag video go ahead.

no but really please do critique it and tell me what is so f**king awful about it.

if want to throw one up ill throw up a more recent one and we can make a poll.

2 rounds on the bag 1 shadow 1 shadow no gloves 1 round on the bag.
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-18-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                  same name, well same account ive changed the name a few times.

if you want to critique a year old bag video go ahead.

no but really please do critique it and tell me what is so f**king awful about it.

if want to throw one up ill throw up a more recent one and we can make a poll.

2 rounds on the bag 1 shadow 1 shadow no gloves 1 round on the bag.

Just because you can hit a bag or shadow box doesn't mean you can fight either. This thread has gotten out of control with this immature forum fighting. If you guys want to talk **** to each other, make a date to meet in person and then decide who the best is. Otherwise shut the hell up and go forum fight somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by St Lunatic View Post
                    Just because you can hit a bag or shadow box doesn't mean you can fight either. This thread has gotten out of control with this immature forum fighting. If you guys want to talk **** to each other, make a date to meet in person and then decide who the best is. Otherwise shut the hell up and go forum fight somewhere else.
                    threatening to meet some one and fight in real life is illegal.

for all i know these guys are little 12 year old kids 5'4" feather weights, while im at 6'4 195. what the hell is beating them up going to prove?

if you can hit a bag and shadow box it clearly shows nothing about reaction time and your chin....but those arnt things that lifting 5*5 sets of weights are going to improve either.

what shadow boxing and hitting the bag does prove is speed with technique, power, and stamina...all things that you could acquire with proper strength training.

assuming he does proper strength training compared to my strength training its obvious hes going to have better speed, power and stamina...which is what the series of bag work and shadow boxing would show.

now if you guys are adults at 190+ and want to meet up in PA just shoot me a pm when your around philly im about 30 miles north from there we can spar a few rounds and post it up on here and have people vote.

Id even meet one of you guys if your around the philly area.
                    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-18-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X