Tyson-Holyfield I, who did you pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    lmao
    I favoured Mike back then, he seemed to be taking his career more seriously after the Buster Douglas loss, I remember his wars with Ruddock. I didnt really know much about Evander back then. I remember Holmes also favoured Holyfield over Tyson as well
    Yup, he did. Holmes said, "Holyfield's gonna take him into deep waters and drown him." Ron Borges picked Holyfield as well. but trust me, if I had seen either his fight with Czyz or Bowe III, I wouldn't have picked him lol.

Comment

I wasn't a boxing fan then.....

Comment

Picked Holyfield my arse! Whether you were 10 or 60, you most likely picked Tyson. No doubt some people thought Commander Vander was no push over, but very few would have actually picked him to win.

...Now back to the guys who bench 600lbs.

Comment

Borges was the only one of 49 sportswriters polled to pick Evander Holyfield to defeat Mike Tyson before their first heavyweight title fight, a selection for which he received much international notoriety when Holyfield stopped Tyson one round later than Borges had predicted. http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Ron-Borges

49 apparently. Even more than I thought. No one gave Holyfield a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
            not only did I pick Holyfield to win this over Tyson..I also picked Lewis to win over Tyson..Tyson just didnt seem focused to me for this fight with Evander..
            Lewis was an easy pick tho.
            Evander on the other hand blew my mind.

Comment

I gotta be honest, I picked Tyson by a landslide...

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                I gotta be honest, I picked Tyson by a landslide...
                U dont have to be honest.
                This is NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
                  U dont have to be honest.
                  This is NSB.
                  LOL, you're right a sight of internet tough guys and keyboard warriors...

Comment

I picked Tyson in every fight of his career lol

Comment

Everyone thought Tyson! The man had looked great again against Bruno and Seldon (even though Seldon could barely stand up in a breeze!).

Whereas Holyfield had the heart complaint rumours, the strange low energy Moorer loss, the Bowe knockout loss, the crusty performance against Czyz, plus he was older and more battle worn than Tyson.

People feared for Holyfield's life..........no one but Ron Borges gave him a prayer and anyone picking Holyfield to win surely hadn't seen the Moorer, Bowe or Czyz fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X