Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr: I Can Beat Everybody at 168 - Anyplace, Anytime!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I've given up on Chris. When he started as a pro, he has a fluidity and set up a lot of clever punches. He has grown more stiff and 1-dimensional over the years. His father has stagnated his growth. I really expected great things from him but I'm very disappointed. Even this last win was cringey to watch because he's becoming less versatile each time I see him. He hunts for certain punches, telegraphs, and and over-commits to them.
    I actually thought in the past year Mayweather Sr. is helping out his reflexes. I mean he didn't miss as much with Yıldırım as he did against that Aussie. This was a better form than against Abraham. He's now at 168, and it surprises me how his power can move big lug torsos in Abraham or Yıldırım. I think he's improving and is getting hit less than before.

The Groves bout will have Saunders begging for the rematch and see BJS getting KO'd too. Which then brings DeGale. I'm surprised you don't like Juniawh! His workrate is great for the sport. In fact, I don't see how his style is less effective than the way Shawn Porter fights. Eubank Jr. is a dare seeker, gotta give him props for that. He's a thin ass 168 fighter. I really fancy his speed and workrate. He can improve.

btw, I don't agree with the title, him saying he can beat anyone at 168. That's way too premature to tell yet...but that's what's expected for a fighter to say. Like GGG's ''154-168 is Ez fomi''

Comment

How did your sparring with froch go eubank?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        How did your sparring with froch go eubank?

If you seen it you would know that he did very well. That's why Froch speaks highly of him.

Eubank was a novice and a middleweight at that time too whilst Froch was at the height of his powers.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          If you seen it you would know that he did very well. That's why Froch speaks highly of him.

Eubank was a novice and a middleweight at that time too whilst Froch was at the height of his spowers.
          I've seen it a handful of times. I want to know what eubank personally thinks?
          He's told us how he did with regale and groves. Why not with froch?

Comment

Lets see Chris because at the moment you haven't beaten anybody

Comment

Although people won't like his arrogance, ****yness call it what you like but he's proven everytime in the ring he can back his words up.

Are guys like Smith Degale Groves Ramirez & The Dirrells on eubanks level right now?

Debatable

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
                c'mon Redd... the WBSS doesn't equate to 168. What it does for Eubank Jr. is hype is stock and makes the future fights at 168 so much better and more following from his social media. the WBSS is owned by some rich football owning mogul if I recall, so its publicity does a great service for the Eubanks and ITV Box Office to come.

Sooner or later Hearn and Warren will start to bend over to the Eubanks as its all karma
                Winning the tournament boosts Eubanks marketability as a fighter considerably. If he beats Groves and Callum Smith next it would make a fight with James DeGeale huge over in the UK.

Comment

Groves is at the peak of his powers past few fights hes looked awesome best 168 fighter out there on current form

Comment

Originally posted by Binomial View Post
                    Although people won't like his arrogance, ****yness call it what you like but he's proven everytime in the ring he can back his words up.

Are guys like Smith Degale Groves Ramirez & The Dirrells on eubanks level right now?

Debatable
                    Dude what happened to the Dirrells?? haven't heard or seen anything from them in it feels like years!!

Comment

Well..he beat Peter Quillian.

With a name like that on his resume, the sky is the limit!

Comment

Working...
                      X