Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 will mark 5 years since Calzaghe retired,will he get in the hall of fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will he get in? Absolutely.

Should he? I think it's arguable.

Comment

Lets hope not...........

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Of course he will. Just find where ever Floyd is on the atg list & place JC on the notch above. Easy $h1t.

Comment

He'll get in, and I even think Ricky Hatton and Carl Froch will get in at some point.

Calzaghe's best and notable wins were Hopkins, Kessler, Lacy, and Bika.

His resume really isn't any better than Hatton, Corrales, or Castillo though, who are questionable HOF on if they'll get in.

I think him being lineal in 2 weight classes helps, even though his resume is rather weak for the accolades he gets from his fans.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            He'll get in, and I even think Ricky Hatton and Carl Froch will get in at some point.

Calzaghe's best and notable wins were Hopkins, Kessler, Lacy, and Bika.

His resume really isn't any better than Hatton, Corrales, or Castillo though, who are questionable HOF on if they'll get in.

I think him being lineal in 2 weight classes helps, even though his resume is rather weak for the accolades he gets from his fans.
            His resume is definitely better than Hatton's. And Corrales probably.

Not too sure it's better than Castillo's. I'd probably lean on Castillo but I'm going off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              His resume is definitely better than Hatton's. And Corrales probably.

Not too sure it's better than Castillo's. I'd probably lean on Castillo but I'm going off the top of my head.
              Hatton beat Tszyu, Collazo, Maglianggi, Lazcano. He did beat Urango and Maussa, but those were ehhh wins really. I don't rate the Castillo win, because Castillo wasn't really good anymore by 2007.

Corrales beat Garcia, Gainer, Casamayor, Freitas, and Castillo. He also beat Manfredy, but that was an ehhh win really.

Calzaghe beat Hopkins, Kessler, Lacy, and Bika. He did beat Brewer and Mitchell, but those were ehhh wins really. Also I don't rate the Eubank win since he was basically done and wasn't a good fight anymore.

I think Corrales by beating Casamayor and Castillo, and taking Freitas' 0, along with solid/decent wins over Garcia and Gainer, did more than Calzaghe. Hatton and Calzaghe in terms of best wins I think are close, with Hatton's win over Tszyu being a really big win, and Calzaghe had a very questionable win over Hopkins, and a very good win over Kessler. I'd probably edge Calzaghe over Hatton, but not over Corrales or Castillo.

Castillo without a doubt has better wins than Calzaghe in my opinion. He beat Bazan, Johnston, Lazcano, Casamayor, and Corrales, and should arguably have a win over Floyd too. Castillo should get in the HOF to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                dudes be coming at my neck when I mention Stallone getting in for those Rocky flicks ...dudes wanna go on about the dfferent category or whatever...GTFOH...Joe gets in as a 2 division world champion and the last man to hold the ring belts in 2 different classes at the same time....he was LHW and SMW champ at the same time...did Stallone accomplish that?...not even in his movie role....Joe gets in imo!!
                Sahn y'all need to chill with this "2 ring titles at same time" *****. Schematics... Ring's policy is to vacate once you move up in weight and/or win another title. Chill...
                it's not the first time a reigning lineal champ won another in a diff division and it won't be the last.

In any case, Joe will definitely get in... 1st ballot idk ... maybe but he'll get it in

Comment

He will definitely get in, his resume is more than enough.

Comment

Of course he will, he beat the great Roy Jones jr!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
                      ???????????????

*the

what would you like me to clarify?

Comment

Working...
                      X