Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me that has picked up a noticeable skill difference in Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
    Hold on, THE SAME AGE? You're kidding me.
    WTF I'm kidding you? You don't think Shane would have KHTFO if he was 31 or whatever in his prime when they fought? How hard is that to understand? You're kidding me you couldn't comprehend the sentence? Actually I'm not surprised the bar is low low around here.

Comment

I think Mayweather is focused on becoming a slightly more offensive fighter, as he moves up to 154. Bettering his offense while maintaining his strong defense will make him unstoppable to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Absolutely...I think athleticism CAN be a mental thing when u have that will to win like Floyd...Floyd shouldnt be able to train as hard as he does, but he wants it so bad, that he eat some candy, sugar, gets hyper, then trains for 3 hours...which should be impissible for a man his age...against Ortiz he was slow, and had a bad jab...but against Omar, it was a small rocket with power in it...it shot from his waste, and it hurt henry...Floyd is just special, he will never ever age...look at bhop...Bhop is NO WHERE near as good as Floyd...if Floyd was his age, there is no doubt in my mind that he would perform the same way he does today, because in the fight prior to THAT fight, if he were to make mistakes, he would train hard, and perfect his craft for the next fght...its the same as now...he made mistakes against Ortiz...but he so perceptive, that he saw his mistakes, and now he is perfected again...I think Floyd could fight until he was 49 and not show many signs of age!...He's just special, what else can I say!
        This is a perfect post. Mayweather is only 36 and has far better superior skills offensively, defensively and mentally than B-Hop and B Hop is still successful at 46/47 years of age. I do understand that B Hop started much much later than Mayweather but the fact that he learned the game late and started fighting late and is still able to perform well into his mid to late 40's should let people know what Mayweather is capable of doing.

I think the only reason Ortiz had any success landing the minimal amount of punches that he landed was because Mayweather put himself in position to attack ortiz which in turn put him the "line of fire" to get hit a few times. I dont belive he had any respect for Ortiz in any way which is why he came right out and attacked. Mayweathers skills will NEVER deteriorate because it has been embedded in him since birth. Beethoven never lost his composing skills as he got older, he actually got better. Geniuses NEVER lose their talent and skill, they only lose the desire and dedication to perform and engage in their craft. Once he loses the love and dedication to be the best will be the time that he will lose. With the amount of money he is getting per fight, I dont see how he could lose the dedication to make 30-50 million for 36 minutes or less of work.
        Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 04-22-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          I think Mayweather is focused on becoming a slightly more offensive fighter, as he moves up to 154. Bettering his offense while maintaining his strong defense will make him unstoppable to anyone.
          I think he is more powerful and more confidsent in his power which is why he is in attack mode these days.

Comment

wow at the nuthuggin here seriously?
            ive actually noticed the opposite
            hes considerably slower and tends to stay flat footed and not move often anymore

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
              hes considerably slower and tends to stay flat footed and not move often anymore
              slower? based off what proof?

flat footed? if he is standing flat footed then why didnt JMM, Mosley or Ortiz have any success landing?

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                This is a perfect post. Mayweather is only 36 and has far better superior skills offensively, defensively and mentally than B-Hop and B Hop is still successful at 46/47 years of age. I do understand that B Hop started much much later than Mayweather but the fact that he learned the game late and started fighting late and is still able to perform well into his mid to late 40's should let people know what Mayweather is capable of doing.

I think the only reason Ortiz had any success landing the minimal amount of punches that he landed was because Mayweather put himself in position to attack ortiz which in turn put him the "line of fire" to get hit a few times. I dont belive he had any respect for Ortiz in any way which is why he came right out and attacked. Mayweathers skills will NEVER deteriorate because it has been embedded in him since birth. Beethoven never lost his composing skills as he got older, he actually got better. Geniuses NEVER lose their talent and skill, they only lose the desire and dedication to perform and engage in their craft. Once he loses the love and dedication to be the best will be the time that he will lose. With the amount of money he is getting per fight, I dont see how he could lose the dedication to make 30-50 million for 36 minutes or less of work.
                so you think mayweather can be a champion well into his 40's like hopkins?

Comment

ugh it's brutal how bad these anus suckers wrap everything up in a little bow for eachother..

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
                    I honestly cannot believe someone said Floyd avoided Bradley....

I'm not a Floyd fan in the slightest bit, I just find that statement hilarious.
                    Look who said it , the kid doesnt know a thing about boxing he just a fan boy trying to hate , go read some more from baby huey you will laugh you ass off .

Comment

Just like Ali when he started to age , they said he couldnt take it either , said he was nothing but a runner , the idiots never really understand whats in front of their eyes , Floyd is a great one day you might realize what your looking at .

Comment

Working...
                      X